Obstacle with fluids

Hi all,
I have been using fluids for a short animation, and everything worked really nice. It was rendered in C4D. I attach just a jpg a preview of it becouse I cannot upload a small video file.

What i was trying now was to use an animated mesh (say a ball falling to water) as an moving obstacle to interact with fluids. But I cannot make the animated mesh (obstacle) to interact with the water (fluid). In the manual they talk about some options in the obstacle that doesn’t appear in my version of Blender (2.41). Any ideas?.

By the way, I would like to say how good I think this fluid engine is. Is fast, it is stable, it is easy to set up and preview and most important, it doesn’t try to make things it wasn’t meant to do…If the developemnt continues in this direction, in no much time it will reach the level of another famous commercial fluid simulation software.

Attachments

Here’s an example file where the ‘obstacle’ is a rigged character.

More info in this thread

Do a search for ‘fluid’ here.

In the manual they talk about some options in the obstacle that doesn’t appear in my version of Blender (2.42).

Which options?

You might try Latest Windows CVS build

Mike

Sorry I don’t have 2.42 but 2.41. I am going to try the one you reommend. Cheers.