A cartoon girl

i think i will love that wip. very well executed!
edit: well, i hope you’ll be happy with particle hairs. but for my own, i would use polys with mesh deform rigged. i think it works better for cartoon character.

Hello,
I set-up the clothes materials and create some particle systems for the hair. I quicky sculpt the wrinkles in blender with multiresolution modifier.

Here a render of the current version:

I plan to start working on the rigging and the skinning now.

I like to play with the uncanny valley :D.

Any remarks are welcome,
Shadosk.

looking fantastic!

Wonderful! I love it!

looks good man. The are so many good artist now on Blender artist I wish the mods would allow for image thumbnails in WIP so it would be easy to miss goo threads like this. I almost didn’t click on this. I will vote five stars so that others might know that there is some good stuff here.

nice work man, great style you’ve got going. I feel like its a character from a pixar movie haha, kudos

Awesome work man! I’ll love to see her animated :slight_smile:

Hi everyone,
I finally get some time to rig and skin this character. Here some views of the armature with deformation cages.

I wanted to explore some advanced technique using a mix between deformation cage, driven shape keys and classic armature deformation. I followed in part the tutorial of David Ward in blender cookie for the facial rig (http://cgcookie.com/blender/2011/03/16/creating-an-advanced-face-rig-part-one/).

Here is a posed version / final render:

I experienced a lot of issues with the hair, for collision (well known problem) and fine looking render with rim light.

The model is available in blend swap:

Great Character! well done.

Thanks for releasing the character on Blendswap – I can learn a lot from your example.

She looks a LOT like the girl in the Incredibles. Well done!

Fantastic work. The Blendswap file’s going to be useful in helping me set up a better rig for my current character as well, so thanks for that.

What software was you using before Blender?

Because if not, really you have talent. Seems come out from a Pixar movie. The Incredibles for example.
This is front page stuff.

Thanks everyone your feedback!

I start the 3D with Blender 2.49b
The Pixar look is among what I initially intended.

stunning work man! Skin shader looks so realistic and alive, loving the rim lighting as well. Great concept work

Wow, you make it look so easy! Absolutely amazing, from concept to finish!

Very very nice and kind of you to share! im sure many people would be inspired to create a charactor model themselves

i’m glad to see you used 2.49b, as i can’t leave it for new versions. so WHY?

Amazing work, Good Job!

wow wow wooowww!
amazing work!