A summers morning

A great image, perfectly representing the feeling of summer’s eve in Australia.

Well done!

Thanks again for the comments! :slight_smile: @Alain I might give that a go;)

Beautiful image, I can imagine myself in there :smiley:

Dont understand whats interesting on this one…Cycles…?..pathtracing was added into Yafaray in his basic version…or…? light glows? use GLOW filter in GIMP…and? empty space?..lets celebrate simple cube…

@HANGAR, is not about the tecnique, and is not about the render engine, is about the image. Is simple, is elegant, and is beautiful.

An image can be beautiful without being cluttered with stuff don’t you think? “Less is more” :smiley:

julperado: As a architect I can say, Nothing interesting on this space…on this render to…thats my opinion

Architects do tend to become a bit severe with other people choices :slight_smile: should look at this just as a light piece of art Hangar, I don’t think it was intended as an interior design piece but just a pleasant image and it is very succesfull as several people seem to like it, even I, although I am an architect too. It beats anyway all the coffee cup - computer parts - cookie Cycles still lifes around, no offence to others (I modeled a doughnut myself).

@oanav, thank’s! I’m not very good to explain myself in english (at least not yet hehe) but yeah, the image does create a very good first impression :smiley:

I’m one of the noobs doing all kind of stuff in cycles just to learn, and quite frankly would like to create this type of images more often.

@HANGAR: I was watching some of your work in the forum and now I can understand why you don’t like it. And let me say, you’re pretty good at what you do. Just don’t be so hard on other people’s work. :slight_smile:

Simple, photo-realistic. That’s exactly my cup of tea. Well done.

I quite don’t understand why this piece of work should be rendered in Cycles …
And I also don’t understand why this render has only 4 stars. It’s not about the amount of models in the scene.

@Hangar: The idea of this shot was not to create high contrast, or show advanced modelling or texturing techniques (You can look at some of my architectural work for that), but instead to be a minimalist light study :slight_smile:

@julperado and oanav: Thanks for your support :slight_smile:

@Radek: Thanks alot! :smiley:

Nice style. Just a hint for more realistic result: try to avoid long straight lines such as that door frame. There should be some bumps/wear or small irregularity in the shape. Nothing in real life is straight and in 3D images you can even exaggerate the form.