[Add-On] Arrange objects along a curve.

Great! I will contact you in PM!

Hello, the addon seems superuseful, but it doesn’t work in 2.77, at least for me (kubuntu 14.04). It returns an error message when executed.

Here is the latest version.

This version has many new features (I will need to do a manual)
It needs a few more tests to see if it is stable.

Attachments

arrange_on_curve.zip (2.95 KB)

Really nice !

Hullo Mano, I got one idea for easier use, [x] offset from all corners.
stc=1

Attachments

Great news, thank you!

Nice addon. Thanks

More I use, more I like and one proposal to set start offset for duplicates.
Common use: 1. object, 1m distance, 2. object, 1m distance but you want it between first objects, so start offset = 50cm.

Thank you, mano-wii

This is great, thank you very much!

hi, this addon seems a little tricky to get working here on 2.77. it appears to depend on having a mesh and a curve selected in that order or else it won’t show? would be good if it just opened up with a little interface where you can specifiy mesh and desired curve. :slight_smile:

why compressed it at all? its 13kb

The reason is probably because you want to use the “install from file” but it can be copied to the addons folder directly, works for me. :slight_smile: Thank btw for this SUPER! addon, just what I needed

Ohh, I have not seen all the comments. (My email is considering span). I’ll do some tests on addon to see if everything is working properly.

Nice addon!
We made a bit similar Railer tool in 1D_Scripts

Any chance for a 2.8 update?

@mano-wii can you update this for Blender 2.8 please? Duplicating objects along curves became a huge problem since removal of DupliFrames because it left us with practically no options to do this at all (I know about Array, Curve and duplifaces but this method doesn’t work in most cases because objects get rotated in random directions instead of being aligned along the curve). This is a critically important function and having to fall back to 2.79 just to make that one thing is horrendously inconvenient so this addon is an extremely valuable replacement.

1 Like

I was porting this addon for Blender 2.80+

13 Likes

Thank you very much, this will help us tremendously in our workflow! It would also be really nice if it would support tilting and radii but even in its current state it is a great addon for architectural design!

1 Like