[Addon] Camera matching add-on for modeling based on photographs

i sometimes get ‘‘no active camera’’. does this mean that the gpencil lines are to close?

@blend_B ‘‘no active camera’’ means just that. selecting a camera and pressing ctrl-numpad 0 to make it active should make that error go away.

I really need a tutorial for camera projection mapping.
Does anybody knows a good one?
Stuffmatic, a tutorial how you made this stairs zooming woud be fantastic…

Maybe this will do:

? :slight_smile:

Thanx STFD :slight_smile:

never saw this from new posts, found from blendernation, including in my next build (if Allah wishes).

bat3a dunno about anyone else, but I wish it :wink:

Not that anyone should steal this from you, stuffmatic, but it could be nice to merge this feature into the camera tracker. Eventually.

stuffmatic can we create teh 3D camera if we only have a 2d plane in the picture. for example with a plane.

Wow thanks looks great, have to test it! :smiley:

I tested and shared a review with some feedback here:
http://www.dalaifelinto.com/?p=176

Overall I’m quite impressed. I didn’t see that coming at all :slight_smile:
I used SketchUp PhotoMatch a lot, it’s nice to see an open alternative starting to get shape (still a bit far from SU workflow, but it’s a great start)

Ah, I got this python errors when opening my saved file:

found bundled python: /Users/dfelinto/blender/release/bin/blender.app/Contents/MacOS/2.61/python
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/dfelinto/blender/release/bin/blender.app/Contents/MacOS/2.61/scripts/modules/addon_utils.py", line 271, in enable
    mod.register()
  File "/Users/dfelinto/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.61/scripts/addons/blam.py", line 1329, in register
    initSceneProps()
  File "/Users/dfelinto/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.61/scripts/addons/blam.py", line 1312, in initSceneProps
    scn['vp1_axis'] = 0
TypeError: 'NoneType' object does not support item assignment

Thanks for working on this. I can’t wait to see the next releases!

@dfelnito Thanks for your feedback. Reading your post, I thought the camera parameters didn’t look right, and sure enough, there was a bug resulting in the wrong focal length for tall images. see the attached image to get an idea of what it looked like before and after the fix. since the reconstruction step relies on the focal length being reasonable, this might explain why you didn’t get accurate 3d reconstruction. let me know if the problem persists. thanks!

i’ve created a wiki page containing some tips and tricks that could inprove calibration accuracy. check it out here (i’m not allowed to post links yet) http :// code.google.com/p/blam/wiki/TipsAndTricks.

@blend_B a (rectangular) plane should be enough given that the vanishing lines are not parallel

@benu I don’t know if merging the actual code makes any sense, but I do think that unifying the UI of blam and the current motion tracker is a good idea. People have suggested moving the focal length estimation stuff from the UI/Image editor to the Movie clip editor for example. Ideas and suggestions about the UI are always welcome.

@tungee Cool!

i tryed it. but it didnt work

@blend_B what happened? what does the image look like?

i have the camera active. but when i use a (rectangular) plane it says ‘‘no active camera’’. i think i am doing something wrong.

Are you in edit-mode?
Try it with object mode? Perhaps this helps?

Thank you VERY VERY much…:slight_smile:

Hi I’m really new to python scripts. I’m able to get the BLAM matcher on there. I check the box and it’s there in the UV image section. Then I’ll close blender and restart it and it’s gone even though the Add-on section still says it’s there and checked.