[Addon] Display Tools ( v. 1.6.0 )

hi Jordi,
i dont know it someone mentioned, but when changing the Displaymode in your tool,
the shading changes from Multitexture to GLSL.
Is that supposed to be that way?

But anyway, awsome tool you made there

Very useful addon, I often need to set object properties for many objects, and it saves a lot of time.

I wrote a patch for the addon to change some things to my liking:

• Changing display mode for an object will not change viewport_shade and material_mode (original behaviour was to force viewport_shade to Textured and material_mode to GLSL, and this was annoying to me)
  • Changing display mode of an object to Wire sets “Draw All Edges” flag (originally it was necessary to click Wire On after changing display mode to Wire to set this flag), changing display mode to something else clears it if show_wire is set to false.

These changes allowed me quickly set Wire mode for objects, and easily switch to any other display mode later. If you like these changes, you can download patched space_view_3d_display_tools.py (or you can apply the patch yourself with command “patch --binary -p0 < space_view_3d_display_tools.py.patch”).

Thanks, powerful and save a lot of time on big scenes… :smiley:

I know english is not your first language, but you need another “s” in masterclasses, under education on your sites resume. Great work though and nice site design, did you do that yourself?

Awesome!! just Awesome!! Saved me a lot of work

i have loved this add on for a loooong time. Keep it up man. Also I wish there was a way to globally disable edge split modifiers so I can merge hard surface easier reducing keystrokes by 4 per object.

Hmm, seems to be a bit broken in 2.73. Switches viewport shading to Textured when using the Display Mode panel in the addon.

Hello,

I just downloaded this and it works great. The only problem I have is that it never stays on when I close blender. I tried saving the user settings but it’s the only addon I currently have that doesn’t stay put. Any ideas why?

EDIT: I figured this out by putting it in the startup folder.

Thanks,
jrDev

Hi, i try your addon, and i love it but in blender 2.73 and 2.74 there is an issue i have already encoutered in a previous version. With fast navigate active when i switch to render to see a preview of the result with shitf+Z, a simple move of the mouse stop the render. I don’t talk about to pan or rotate around the mesh, but just a move of the mouse. I hope i’m clear in the report of the issue.
Cheers.

Thanks, it works great !

Hi, just to say that the Collapse/Expand function for Modifiers works but only if you put the mouse over the modifiers stack once you have clicked on Collapse or Expand (Blender 2.77a x64, Windows 10 Pro x64).

I wrote a patch for the…

• Dragon.sh’s quote

Dragon.sh, sadly, your links don’t work for me. Could you upload it to dropbox?

JordiArt, why don’t you make only four buttons of these (screenshot below)? That would be less confusing and leave more space. They could change text in them when activated. Great addon btw :wink:

Attachments

Monkok can you upload your patch in complete file form to http://www.pasteall.org/ please

working file: https://github.com/meta-androcto/downloads/raw/master/display_tools.zip

:smiley: MetA, you make a rainy day feel great… thanks!

It’s not me who wrote the patch, it was Dragon.sh, I just quoted him, sorry if it looks like that

It’s not me who wrote the patch, it was Dragon.sh, I just quoted him, sorry if it looks like that

Hello there!
Any usable links for 2.79?
I hope this is still a working plugin haha, I really love what I’ve read about it, but sadly all the links even the github one are dead ;-;

Cheers.

I’m curious about this addon as well.