[AddOn]Tile Based Landscape/Cityscape Generator (Steering, Birds, UFOs and more!)

I have added a couple more layers. The Clouds layer and the Advertising layer. I have included a single low poly cloud for distribution but you can use your own clouds too. There is a group in the BLEND file named ‘clouds’. Add your cloud objects to this group to have them consider for distribution by Tile Proc.

The Advertising layer works just like plants but has it’s own dedicated type. You can add multiple advertising objects and define their TOP, BOTTOM, LEFT, RIGHT as an advertising type to have them considered for distribution in a Generation. I have included the cc0 Blendswap Billboard by danilus in the scene.

And when you get tired of clouds swap them for a UFO invasion force :slight_smile:

I know a hard concept. Power lines and poles! Or stop signs, thats hard as you’d need logic to allocate stop/give way and painted lines.

Done!

I have created a UFO layer and added the cc0 Blendswap Classic UFO by engine9. This layer is an exact duplicate to the Cloud layer as far as functionality goes. It simply fetches objects from a group named ‘ufos’ instead of ‘clouds’. This will be in the next release.

In this series of images I left the camera in the same place and just changed the master random seed for the generator. I kept clicking the button until a new usable scene appeared before the camera.

Stop signs, painted road lines could all be embedded in the tile mesh. Power lines might be able to work similar to Street Lamps.

I see, that is very cool. I wonder if the UFOs could follow the cars around at night, stalking them…

That would be simple parenting of the UFO to a vehicle or just assign the UFO to follow the same curve path as the vehicle with a slight delay.

I have released a new version of the Tile Proc Addon. I am calling this one Tile Proc-3. You can pull it down from Post #1&p=2717122&viewfull=1#post2717122).

The new features include:

1. Single Path For Vehicles
  2. Auto Steering For Single Path Vehicles
  3. Birds
  4. Street Lamps
  5. Advertising Billboard
  6. New Tree
  7. Clouds UFOs

I have also posted a new 10 minute video that covers the new layers in Tile Proc-3.

https://vimeo.com/108375815

Attachments

That is so freaky cool. Great for backgrounds of datavis mograph.

I am not getting any of the “Generate” buttons or anything? I am not sure what I did wrong… I downloaded, and got the latest version of Blender.

I installed this for both 2.74 and 2.75. I got 3 very small tileproc panels that did not contain any of the icons that were shown in the initial video from vimeo. Here is a screen shot.

I am going to view the newer videos and see it there is a difference between how you run the 2 and 4 versions of the program. I will let you know the results.

The second screen shot is what I get when I run the program with blender 2.72 That seems to be like the initial video that was posted in the first thread

Attachments