Adelaide (SA) Blender Meetup - Wed. 13th July 6pm @Monkeystack!

@LohnS - based on advice from people who have tried to run this sort of thing, weeknights get more people. It’s just naturally hard to compete with weekends being weekends. If we got enough interest to eventually run a full day event then thats completely different but I think weeknights for now makes sense. Figuring there aren’t really any complaints thus far on weeknights I’ll ask the Monkeystack guys on Tuesday about a specific day then we can start getting details out to Blendernation, make fliers etc.

Oh nice maybe I skimmed a little too fast on recent posts. Weeknight sounds good =)

I was a little slow with the details but they are done!

Wednesday 13th July, 6pm at Monkeystack in town.

http://monkeystack.com.au/ - Host Location and map

If you know the KBox Karaoke and the KFC on the middle of Hindley Street - the door is sandwiched between the two and the office is up the stairs. I’ll have the gear I mentioned earlier regarding Cycles and a Windows machine with either a projector or large screen for displaying Blender related goodies. Pizza is provided free for the first meet! We can discuss on the night about future meetings about whether we charge a bit for food or hold it at a different time so people can eat first, etc.

If you could reply either in the thread here or via PM so I’ve got a an idea on who can make it that would be great. I think I’ve got a reasonable idea on numbers but you never know. Also any questions you’ve got, by all means fire away. Thanks again to Monkeystack for hosting.

Hope to see you there folks! :ba:

awesome :smiley: see ya there

因为北大在中国高等教育领域的显赫地位,因为北大在国人心中的崇高形象,所以其一举一动经常牵动社会的敏感神经,这是可以理解的。不过,在评说之前需先了解一下事情的原委:周校长介绍北大“造富豪”的情况,其背景是在北大企业家俱乐部成立仪式上,香港六合彩而不是在本科生的开学典礼上;该俱乐部由几位北大校友发起,旨在搭建“富而有道”的企业家平台,培养企业家的社会责任。周校长同时表示,他为北大不仅能够培养出众多学术大师,同样也能够培养出企业界优秀人才而高兴。所以,笔者认为,搞清了事情的语境和来龙去脉,再看周校长的这番讲话,似也不必求全责备。

Ill be there for sure :cool:

Sweet, thanks for the early replies peoples!

Sounds fantastic! Thanks for putting this all together Ben, just give me a call if you need any setup prep help =) See you all there!

Locked in the diary - I’ll see you there.

Hey Ben, ill hopefuly make it along

Again, thanks for the replies both here and on Blendernation. A reminder as well if people want to bring reels and things to show then thats cool. If you want to do a specific presentation on something please let me know.

An update - we should have a Shapeways representative at the meeting - Duann Scott, so that should also be a lot of fun. 3D printing is something I’m certainly interested in anyway :slight_smile:

Great! Ive recently messed around with some 3D printing with shapeways, had been wanting to give it a go for quite some time, will have to bring along one of my prints to show off and chat about.

Sweet, looking forward to it!

Hi all,

I’m very new to Blender but would love to be there. :slight_smile:

Kupe

just finished making a video slide show of all of the hi res images. [5-6min]
Its amazing that a pre alpha software can handle such stress of the resolution.
The quality of the images are out standing

@kupe - Welcome to the forums and hopefully we’ll see you there!

@radiant - nice work, looking forward to seeing it. I was trying to get a bit of stuff together on the weekend, my main curiosity with Cycles is how it works for characters.

Please count me in.

@tommyk - cheers, see you there. :slight_smile:

@all - Nearly there. If anyone wants any further details about the venue and such, now is the time to ask. I think it’s fairly easy to find with the directions I gave, but I do work here…

But these Forbidden Planet-exlusive www.bizsuper.com tees influenced along Dr Who has successfully opened my eyes how this kind of tees are taken apt the afterward level. I looked this tee when I compose my blog post because List of Dr Who T-shirts Id buy.that will unlock this Fall/Winter 2011 season. Included in the range are collaborations with Erik Parker.One of the greatest clients for special t-shirt design fancies namely probably clubs alternatively groups. This allows members apt approximate a team while they are attach. People ambition discover that they have lots of choices with specific events alternatively groups with all the t-shirt design ideas. As of late I have seen a number of>run of the mill stoner that does not absence to peregrination approximately with a mutual above their t-shirt and the wit that at intervals partakes in a cloud.Emporio Armani mens, black stretch cotton, troop nape, short sleeve fitted t-shirt. Printed signature eagle VI in pearly ashore left side. Fine rib troop nape, turned behind waist and sleeve cuffs with double stitched hems. 95% cotton 5% elastan. SKU-EAM1518

Thanks, see you there. :slight_smile: