advice and critics are really wanted

I looked at your latest version, versus the original, and you did make nearly all the changes suggested, but… not enough. Keep moving that direction. nose,mouth up more. Lips angled downward at the edges, broaden the upper lip in the middle. Nose a whole smaller, pull the nostrils inward. Eyes angle slightly downward in the middle, eyes smaller overall, eyes narrower and wider and lowered some. Look at eyelash referecnes and redo them, they clump towards the outer edges into a triangle. lips redder, darker, add some bump. cheeks redder with pore bump or even fake pores with colromap. More noise /variation on the skin color. Neck should wider/thicker at the top with clavicle /neck muscles showing. Minorisbus is right that I moved the dome too high, but it should come up some and the hair will usually shoot off the scalp (use deflect emitter when combing) Chin slightly broader.

Everything in this image on the right is yours (except painted eyelashes) it’s just moved around some. Like I said you have the pieces, you just need to position them better.

Attachments

hey guys and thx for all the advice, i took a look at thoose videos and they are good for sure.

so i did som changes, redid the eyes alittle , ( the eyelashes is on the to do list ) and i played around with the hair. I also made som definition on her throat and also did som asymmitry with some creases .

for some reason i cant upload the image directly in the message …

Woo, big progress in my opinion.

3 improvement ideas from me:
-she needs tear ducts in the eyes.
-the shape of the eye lashes could be more interesting. The upper lashes tend to curl up. Eyelashes also form clumps rather then being individual lines.
-as the model becomes more realistic the lack of actual slit between the lips starts to be quite apparent.

hey ToshiCG ,and thx . :slight_smile: here is a little bit better eyelashes.

yes will work on the tear ducts.

BUT what do u mean with slit betwinn the lips ?

@Photox

hey , and thx for all the advice , i have tryied to work alot towards what u have been saying. Thou i dont fully ( with respect ofc ) agree with the mouths possition there. just make a quick google search with you females and the mouth isent bent like that . its not 100% straight but it doesent have such a great angle, it seems to me that that angle comes alter in life. and for the pores, young women doesent really have that showing pores, especially not in photos, with make up etc, but also since young women seems to have better skin then men , ( they take care of it in another way , ) I mean on guys the pores and especially older guys the pores would show very much but im not that certain with younger women. ofc there is differenses between person to person but thats my cents.

BTW this is in no way saying that i belive u are wrong since i have been altering sooo much in reagards to what u have been saying . im just saying i think the angle is to much , not that its wrong:) cheers and keep up the good advice.

This may sound strange, but pay attention to the haircut! In post #21, it’s down over her eyelashes, thereby obscuring her eyelashes, and in the model on the right the effect is even more disagreeable. There’s a bright hair-highlight across her forehead where, well, her forehead should be!

“When you are photographing a lady, be mindful of how the lady would wish for herself to be photographed, and, above all else, make her look good!” Flatter her.

I would also encourage you to dress-up the lighting, including different shades and tints of light, observing the customary rules of formal studio portrait photography. Even in a “demo” shot. Give a hint of personality, of possible performance … “more than a ‘head shot.’”

hey sundialsvc4, ye i iagree, have u looked at the newer once ? at post 25 for ex , it seems to be something wrong with the site , cant upload images directly in the message anymore.

hey guys this is my newest render, i have it at the start aswell… i have tryied very hard in giving the eyes som 3d and som life.

i have done some changes in the color of the skin , i have darkened the red in the lips , and fixed the eyelashes.

what do u guys think ? cheers

stc=1

What a difference. There are always more things that can be done but its a leap forward from your first one.

Hey Bunc, thx :slight_smile: yes i will take more time to work on the pores and skin

Do you need advice more for the modeling or for the rendering?

You should improve your lighting, since it is very flat and boring. Also portrait of woman from straight front is not a good idea. Turn her head and eyes little and try to make rembrandt lighting. (maybe with fill light, so there would not be too much contrast)

stc=1so not 100 % done yet , but its fun to follow the progress…

i have fixed the size of the eyes in this one , and also added more pores in the skin.

and here is the absolut first 2 renders aswell : )

Wow, that improvement though!..
I absolutely love your latest render! It is so detailed and realistic.
Since I have next to no experience with characters I cannot help you very much.
However it does look like one hair ‘particle’ at the lower, right corner is a bit off…

Hello Dan , and really thx :slight_smile: really fun to hear :slight_smile: yes haha that damn particle , noticed it when it was half throw rendering , and I really idident wanna re render . : )

I have one or 2 renders left i think , I am just now adding very small and white , translusent hairs on her face, Ive noticed that everyone has some degree of hair on the face, and girls are often very small and light , so they dont show , and mine here will not exacly show either but i think it will give some extra texture. ( but very very tiny differens ) Once agian thanx for your comment :slight_smile: And really if u go throw this thread everyone here has been a great help , really great.

You should certainly pat yourself on the back for the progress you made.
Keep it up!

Oh I know the feeling! xD

You are really going into details - awesome!
I am really looking forward to see the result.
Great job, mate!

Some things that look off to me:

Lips should be less orange and more red/pink. Also there’s a reddish line in the middle of the lips but instead there should be a tiny dark line and the lips should be pretty much stuck together.

Eyebrows look a bit long, you can probably cut off a centimeter or two. Also they look a bit too strong where they start, they should probably be the thinnest at the start and end.

Eyelashes could be a bit more curved at the ends and thinner (if possible). Also the eyes could be rotated so they meet the gaze of the viewer, so basically the irises(?) should be closer to eachother. You can test this by closing your eye and covering the left part of the face and see if your gazes meet.

These are my opinions and should be taken with a bit of salt… I think it looks pretty good now too though.