Alfa Romeo 4C Concept

Not red. Blood orange.

I don’t wanna be “that guy” but some feedback would be much appreciated :slight_smile:

The lighting and materials are good now, but I would still like a better camera angle.

Thanks for the feedback, I’ll work on that.

How’s this?

Move the camera backwards, then zoom in. This will lessen the perspective which will help give a better view of the actual car shape.

Also pan the camera so that the front and back of the car equal distance from the edge of the frame (atm the front is almost at the edge of the picture).

Also zoom the camera out a little bit more to give some breathing room around the car, this way we can observe the car without it being in our face.

Also, I would advise that in a profile shot like this one (flat, side on) make the wheels not turned.

Thanks for the critiques, Rhys! Will get that done ASAP and show it to you.

You’re forgetting the signature frontal. Without it this isn’t an Alfa Romeo at all.

True! It’s my own concept design and I didn’t really like the shield tbh (don’t kill me) XD

Alfa Romeo cars feature it since… well forever. It’s not a matter of liking it or not, it’s a must have for an Alfa Romeo. Pretty much the same with the lungs in the front of BMW cars.

Camera has been moved back, focal length increased to 60mm. Centered properly, wheels straight.

I like it. Blue is a good color. very aggressive.

Better! I quite like the profile of this car, reminiscent of a Lotus Elise which is a well shaped 2 seater.

More crits if you like
-Make car exactly perpendicular to camera
-I would move back even further (and zoom in again), there is still a lot of perspective. I would go to roughly 13m from the car or 80mm lens
-Advise moving the camera to the left slightly, so the center of the perspective is roughly in the middle of the window- then use the camera X-Shift (only very slight) to get the car front and back almost equal in the frame again.
-No light on wheels - don’t be afraid to use some faint spot lights to light the features. It would be good to see the outline of the tires, so perhaps add some spotlights where the reflection will hit the corner of the tires

Something else you can do is find a car with a similar shape (ie Lotus Elise) then find a picture of it with an angle you like and try to replicate the angle, it helps give you an idea of what shows-off a car and what makes it look a bit odd.

Thanks for the awesome critique, Rhys! I decided to go with your second suggestion, and find a picture of an Elise and try to match it. Will post the results soon.
Here’s some updates to the wheels. Spokes have been smoothed out a bit more, added a fill valve and an emblem to the rim. Also brand new tires and sidewall textures.

Here we go, Rhys. I copied the camera angle and focal length from this shot:

Try lower shots. I know its a force of habit to want to show off your hard work on top of the car but you should really do a top down shot for those. for the aggressive shots you should place the camera at level with the running board and look up at the profile. for profile shots you should be ““square”” meaning that your are looking exactly straight on into the side of the car, no camera tilt. for tilted camera angles consider a focal length of 50-55mm and for profile shots always use 120+.

good job man

The paint job in that last shot looks a rather matte, as well as the metal housing for the grill-mounted headlights. That’s about all that stands out to me at this point.

Thanks for the critiques guys. Will apply changes soon.

Good point, Zokk. The matte body paint was intentional (a copy of some of the 4c concept shots) but the matte grille was not intended. Thanks for pointing that out.

tried something a bit more dynamic this time…slapped together a quick outdoor scene, whose shoddiness is still somewhat visible even with the motion blur. Will do something better soon.

Wheel render. I haven’t worked on this project too much lately but the biggest thing I did was yesterday I added a rigging system. My long term goal for this project is to do a short 30 second commercial about this car so I wanted to get the animation process started with a rig. I’ll show you guys what it looks like soon, after I’m done tweaking it.