Atomic Blender for loading XYZ files into Blender

Hi. I’m quite new to this, but can someone explain why my image is so noisy please? I’ve tried different materials and colours but it doesn’t improve. Thanks!

Hi uccapay.

In fact, it is quite difficult to help you since we don’t know what kind of parameters you have used for the renderer. Which render source have you taken? Cycles? The best is that you send us the .blend file.

Greetings.

Hi Blendphys.

I’m making a short animation for the presentation of my thesis next month and I have few questions about your adds.

I imported two .xyz files of a 6H-SiC and an AlN surfaces which I made with Vesta. Then, I try to create a small animation where the AlN surface fall on the SiC surface. But in Blender Game the two surfaces are invisible and I don’t know how to change it.

Maybe there is an other solution. If you have an idea I’ll be please to hear it.

Thanks

Hi gham.

Unfortunately, I haven’t included this since I haven’t used this Game Engine yet. If there is a real demand I have to see how to implement this.

However, may be you can address Blender Game properties by hand onto an atomic structure. It should be possible. Let me know … .

Cheers,

Blendphys.

Thx for your answer.

I think I’ll do a simple animation by moving the objects one by one. It will be more easier. I don’t have a lot of time to work on something more complicated. It’s for my phd defense at the end of March.

Hi,

Thanks for developing this.
I have a question, maybe you can help?
When importing an XYZ file that contains terrain data, I get this error:

Any idea how I could solve this?

Hi Janneman.

Hmmm, it is very difficult to understand what is going on readin this kind of error message. Would it be possible that you supply an examplifying XYZ file?

Cheers,

Blendphys.

2019-12-24:

The add-on got modified starting with Blender 2.8. Please, post any comments and questions in the thread here:

Atomic Blender (PDB/XYZ) - for Blender 2.8 and higher

Thank you! Blendphys.