Automatic Lightmapper

Any chance of some directions? Not sure how to make it run. I tried running all the scripts, and all I get are errors. 2.56. Thanks.

@Excalaberr, first of all I would like to thank you for your hard work! I’m from JME community. I have written some good GLSL shaders jMonkey engine. My shaders support lightmaps. So, your tools are very important fo Blender, JME, Ogre, Irrlicht, Crystal Space community. Please tell us what version of your addon we should use if you join together. :slight_smile:

I also posted to JME forum your topics:
http://jmonkeyengine.org/groups/user-code-projects/forum/topic/lightmaps-addons-for-blender-2-5/

P.S. My GLSl Shaders For JME:
http://code.google.com/p/jme-glsl-shaders/

Hi Excalaberr:
So, how you think is the best way to integrate ours goals in a only one work?
My script, this time, work making only Shadow Maps and not “Light Maps”, this don´t bake the diffuse light, only the shadow and AO layer. For that i use the Shadow and AO Bake operations.
The only way a now to get a real “Light Map” ( Shadow + Difuse Light pass ) is baking it with Full Render but it burn the “textures pass” of material in the Light texture too.
You find a solution for that?

Now i´m working in 3 things:

• A good solution for the lose of object names when i join it in one group and split after Bake. Vertex Groups is the way i´m doing
  • Make the Dynamic Preview Work again ( Blender 2.56 Broke it ). I have´t a good idea yet, i will talk to dfelinto about it
  • Do it work with LightmapUV Pack unlike old Smart UV Pack. It fix tons of quality problems!
    Bye!

Hey, sorry I haven’t replied, I was a bit busy these last few weeks and moved this project to the back of the line.

@vitorbalbio: I will send you an email now so we can discus integrating the projects.
@3dmidieval: Yeah instructions would probably be a good idea… but it was pre-alpha with a lot of weird features/bugs so I will get all that sorted out by the next release.

Ex.

I found a good solution for baking lightmaps rather than shadow+AO. The trick is to assign them a new generic material then bake the full render, then switch back to the orig material.

I was using lightmapUV pack but I light how smart uv looked better, maybe I will take another look.