Bgmc 15 | Kaily - The Canceler

Whai so cute o

thanks everyone,

i still improve few more details and logics currently. since the game contains very many connections of logic bricks, so there are few annoying bugs too. I increased the movement speed of the character and the bullets from those robots. It gives a great feeling while playing.

In the game you use Mouse, Left Click, Scroller, WASD and Space.

Looks VERY amazing. I hope so I can handle this to play:D

I think you will be able to play it. The game actually has bloom and ambient occlusion filter, but i will make switch to turn those on and off, during the game.

And on my computer it runs with 60fps

what are you doing here?

i was watching KOKA then suddenly… o.o

I created a HUD for the game within an overlay scene. On the HUD you can see the score ( robot kill ), countdown timer, and a caption, which announces the player to attack. On the right side there will be a small option area for switching on/off of 2Dfilters.

The voice of Kaily is made by KaimyMadio (who wrote the replies above).

I made a new hair but it still has a temporary look. I will still remesh it in next days.

I build the programming for this game just by using logic bricks because i am an art student, i dont know how to code. Anyway i think using logic bricks takes shorter time than writing code. But you know, the connections of the bricks are not always perfect. It bugs sometimes in Blender and just misplaced some connections when you already built alot of strings in that. And logic bricks also give bugs easily…

http://s2.postimage.org/p64kkag4/yoyo113.gif
Anyway, i hope that you all can still play the game.

Looks fantastic!
The sound effects in that last video remind me of Dynasty Warriors. Looking forward to playing it! =]

Are the fighting sequences interactive? I can’t quite tell judging from the video…
EDIT: Missed the post where you explained the fighting, nevermind!

I keep expecting the tiles on the floor to light up like a disco. And in the first video, I couldn’t help but think that the IK bones for the arms/legs looked like some sort of psionic holo-blades being manipulated by her limbs :slight_smile:

Those character models are damn cool! The whole thing is all stylish and looks like it’ll be a lot of fun to play. The fact that you’re doing all this without python is pretty impressive also.

The walk/run animations look great, but the attacks look kind of lifeless. It’s a WIP, sure, but you should cram as much flair into those moves as you can.

The enemies could be a fair big larger. The proportions look fine, they just need to be scaled up. Making them one or two heads taller than Kaily will make them look more imposing and dangerous, and more satisfying to beat up.

Thanks Nines and RandomPickles97

I will try to optimize as many things as possible.

very awesome!!! but maybe make the atack animations a bit faster because they look very good but to slow and like Nines already has said you NEED cool effects for the floor :smiley: (and some cover for the player) and is still think symetric (is that the english word?) hairs are boring

I will still add some walls later. The hair is asymmetric :confused: but it fits her face that way.

Looking forward to playing this. Looks Great!

Hard to explain all new improvements with normal phrases, i will list them here:

Game menu:
All these objects are planes. The animations of Kaily were baked into animation strips, which contain 16 frames per sheet.

Character:

• redetailed the body texture ( added tattoo )
  • outfit’s color changing ( key 3 for top, key 4 for bottom ), with 12 different colors

Enemy:

• renewed explosion effect ( with particle add-on of Andy )
  • arm canons fly up after the explosion ( this item of the robot is supposed to be a hard material that can stand massive impact)
  • cannon burning effect
  • lighting shots can attach to Kaily’s body after hitting her and cause accumulating damage for 2 seconds.
  • fixed some bugs ( these happen when 2 robots stand next to each other, Kaily will not be able to track the nearest one, so now i let them always keep a distance from each other)

Until now i just use 6 robots to test the game. I think it is ok enough now to create some spawners for those. In the game you might experience some bugs when the game framerate on you computer is weak, because the game uses several message actuators. It can missend by lags sometimes, and Kaily will not be able to enter the fight. Pressing key R will reset the scene (not turning to menu)

Nicely done man … game is looking quite polished.

Thanks Aole.

Today i just improved some little details

Arena:
i decorated it with few animated pictures: some digital displays and the turnable view of the military robot.

Enemy:
Because the game is just about 2 characters so these contain quite many meshes, (around 5k for each character). Because Blender engine is sensitive to thick meshes so i just build a 1k-lowpoly for the robot, to apply level of detail.

Character:
Hair normal map, hair color, inner wear

Game:
few bugs are fixed

Next i will build some obstacles on the ground and spawners for the robots and quality adjustment.

looks fun and cool quirky style, i like the over the top weapon trail effects , how did u do them using logic bricks?

Thankss :smiley:
The spear automaticly adds planes with a spear as texture in add-mode (black background) when she is in 1v1 state