Blender 2.66

For me on other machines as well. Oh well, guess i’m not going to be doing any dyntopo at my day job. :slight_smile:

Something like 3D Coat? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh8qAVkXzlI - this demo of its AUTOPO feature looks like BSurfaces on steroids. It would rule to be able to greasepencil some control lines over a sculpt and have a script automatically create a quad-based mesh around it, for sure.

It would rock if BSurfaces respected snapping options as well. Having to “G, LMB” every vert it creates to place that vert on the surface of the sculpt is a bit annoying.

^ Retopo in 3d coat is absolutely amazing! Best retopo out there, even auto… then again I havent tried Zbrushes new Qremesher which ups the retopo abilities for the app.

http://www.pixologic.com/zbrush/features/QRemesher-retopology/

Not familiar with either of those.

I’m talking about creating a mesh with the same overall shape but with the vertices laid out using topology that allows the mesh to be animated, unwrapped, etc more easily than a high-poly equivalent - so not just reducing the complexity of the mesh but actually arranging the verts using edge loops and so on.

So possibly more like retopology in Modo 601. Mesh clean-up, effectively.

Anyone know how to disable that “Setting Scene Alpha to Premultiply” that pops up sometimes after you render transparent film? It rendered fine, and then it automatically screwed with the alpha making it all go to heck. I was thinking maybe color management, but no such luck.
Thanks!

Never had that popup, but maybe try to add Alpha Convert node?

Blender Foundation doesn’t have the Donation button in Graphicall.
And when the Spice stops flowing the entire Universe stops and Blender disappears in oblivion.

Dig the Frank Herbert reference :smiley:

So here is a rendering with 2.65a (correct) with transparent film and motion blur:

And with 2.66:

Any Ideas?

Now I can say I am a member of a very select group. “Fewer than 5 users in the Norton Community have used this file.”

@Jonathan L I believe this has something to do with the new alpha workflow. I get this only with RGB without transparency, the view with RGBA is okay. So my guess is we’re now seeing unpremultiplied RGB which you then multiply with alpha channel (which is also correct). So I think it works as it should, it’s just changed a bit the way it displays things.

Jonathan L. without a file we can’t check it out easily. What motion blur did you use? Cycles or BI? From my local tests I can’t see anything wrong.

…and did you report this while testing the RC, or you waited for official release? C’mon…

anyways, win7 64bit here, stressed the cube in dynamic topo, no issues luckily and also pretty responsive and stable.

Originally Posted by quollism http://blenderartists.org/design/baorg2012dark/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png
Open Blender, enter Sculpt Mode on default cube, select “Enable Dynamic”. Blender suddenly goes away.

The RC version does it as well…

Win7 64 bit, no problem on this end

Jonathan L. without a file we can’t check it out easily. What motion blur did you use? Cycles or BI? From my local tests I can’t see anything wrong.

I was using cycles motion blur, but that was happening with all transparent objects. Sorry, I just tried again and it works fine, so I can’t replicate it. Weird… I used the same file.

i just downloaded the official 2.66 version and I noticed an add SSS presets in the search menu (the one you open pressing space). I tried to run it but I get an error… what is that supposed to be? I noticed there is also a screenshot in the release notes, in the UI and usability section, but I couldn’t find any info on it.

NDOF bug:

I’m back to not being able to pan with Space Navigator. It was working in 2.65a.

Does anyone know how to setup hair in Cycles for the 2.66 builds for the MAC, it’s different than setting up hair in Cycles for PC builds?

@quollism: Crashes on win32-bit too. Hit the enable button and Blender disappears. :stuck_out_tongue: Running out of the ZIP

[ATTACH=CONFIG]218451[/ATTACH]
While testing “final” 2.66, i ran into small bug. Particle emitter plane gets cut while visible with any mesh in Fast Planes mode only - every other mode works (Cycle Hair Rendering). Here’s file: Strands_Grass_bug.blend

PS
Seems it got something to do with children. Different modes & display children counts creates different cuts.
Renders out OK (F12).

May be coincidental with this release, but for the first time since July, I have successfully managed to use a minGW build (buildbot r54697) and for the first time since October, a 64-bit Windows build at all! I’ve just seen a 46 -> 32 second improvement in a Cycles CPU render, and I’m glad to have that back!

I have no idea what caused either problem, but it’s cleared up for now and I hope it stays that way!