Blender Addon - Multiple Object UV Editing by Andreas Esau

ndee thank you so much. You see I had right clicked on the “multi_object_uv_edit.py” on the main page and saved it that way instead of clicking on the green button for the zip file option. Works perfectly, thanks again :slight_smile:

you’re welcome :slight_smile:

Many thanks Andreas!

I’ve only got a problem when going back to object mode.
The following massage appears:

do you know what might cause this?

maybe that you trying to edit UV of differents object in locel view (key / ) and in this situation the addon crash

Hi DcVertice,

No I’m not in local view. I tried it with a new scene and 2 spheres and always get this error message :confused:

hmm would it be possible for this addon to also copy the texture parts into a final texture ?. (so without baking).

I really could use the Addon at the moment but as described earlier I can’t get it to work when exiting edit mode.
So is there maybe a way to manually transfer back the UVs from the Multi UV Object to the individual objects?

Great Work ! Thank you
Runs fine here on 2.77a

@ actimelvanille
could you give some more detailed information. What os, what blender version? Official latest stable build or any other build?
If possible a file that fails.

@DcVertice
I thought I have fixed the local view bug.

hey andreas,

i’m on windows 7 with blender 2.77a.
i attached a simple scene but i basically get this error with all scenes.

Attachments

untitled.blend (615 KB)

Ok… thanks. How do you switch back to object mode? with the ui? or by pressing the tab key?
I just noticed that using the user interface for switching back to object mode generates an error.

Use tab for now this should work. I will take a look at it.

ahh, thanks.

i mapped the toggle to space instead of tab which generates the error as well.
thanks for having a look into it!

@actimelvanille
Ok. Please grab a new copy from github and have a look if it works. I think it should.
I have pushed a fix for leaving the edit mode by using the interface.

Sweet, works perfectly now Andreas!

Many thanks :slight_smile:

Now lightmap unwrapping will be much, much, easier.

Nice to find this addon, I never understood why Blender does not have this built in. I hope this works well…

Yes, it’s so ridiculously useful, you would think it would be included.

@ndee: Did you submit it for inclusion in Blender?

I use it on daily basis (thanks for it), but I have some problems:

1. Any time I switch with hotkeys between vertex/face/island selections it quits. With switching icons it is OK.
    Could it be solved?

2. It is slow. I mean really, really slow with many objects; sometimes I have to wait like 5-15 minutes on a strong PC.
    Could future versions be faster? Thanks!

thanks for this great addon, this is something i missed for many years:yes: works like a charm

Seems to work well for me. Thank you.