Blender Conference 2006 Video's @ Google (incl. 2004 and 2005)

Wasn’t Colin Litser supposed to make a presentation about the node system ?

Jean

I don’t know. (Seems there is a movie missing from day 3, looking at the numbers).

Wahoo… thanks L0gan… I had a great weekend at the conference but it was a little packed/warm in some of the tutorial sessions so my concentration wondered a little. This will give me catchup!

Thanks again man!

J

i cant watch them, because i have dial-up, is there a possibility, to burn all those vid`s to a dvd, and send to my address? i vould pay for it via paypal. i live in the uk, if this helps :slight_smile:
well, anyway, thanks for advance…

Wasn’t Colin Litser supposed to make a presentation about the node system ?

Like I said in another thread, some sessions were held in the Tower Room in the Waag building, and every workshop/presentation held in that Tower Room is not on the list. So I guess no videos were made of those sessions.

EDIT: it seems there is at least 1 video from the Tower Room, so I have no idea why they didn’t tape it all.
EDIT2: nope, the list says it has 1 session from the Tower Room, but that one is actually from the big room.

bc06-2210-5 seems to be missing

i remember they had a camera running ( which went out of tape halfway through) during the shading and comping session with Matt. no idea what happened with the recordings from that room :confused:
pity, i would have loved to see Colin’s node session since i had to leave at the very start of it.

.andy

Filipp told me on Blendernation a few days ago the node session was recorded and was to be uploaded soon. I have not found it anywhere yet.
I would still like to see the part recording of the other session anyway.

Hi all,

Just to say that I will be recreating all of my session on nodes, plus a lot more, over the next few weeks. I have already uploaded to my site the FLASH-CARDS with some extra tutorials already.

I have a ton of material (excuse the unintended pun) that I couldn’t cover because of time constraints and slowness of my laptop that day. I may even produce a video myself. Not of me, which would be very boring, but of the screens with dialogue.

Colin Litster (Cog)

Hi :slight_smile:

I will update the BlenderPocket Website with fotos of Ton playing with BlenderPocket! That was really cool :wink: I hope they are not to bad…

Colin, I really liked your tutorials, especially the one to create steroscopic images with the nodes… that’s a wonderfull appliction for BlenderPocket! I will make in the future a short tutorial of this method to show “advance use of BlenderPocket” :wink: That will be cool to have real 3D images on the go.

That was a great conference!

Salvatore

Thank you for all your hard work and efforts for the blender community…Hats off to you…

I’m interested in the OpenGL video, where he mentioned that we could make Blender 10X faster!!!
Any more information about an interface upgrade, and performance boost?

Does anyone know if the QUICK FACE MODELLING session with Rui Campros is online anywhere… I was in the room and I remember that we paused a few times to change the tape, but there are some tips in there that I’d like to see again! Espescially the web site name for the front/side US PRISONER pictures Rui used as a basis :))

Thanks, Jules

Blender Conference 2005 Videos

DAY 1

Who is who Speakers

Keynote and Conference programme with Ton Roosendaal

Purple with Emil Brink

Integrating Verse and Blender with Jiri Hnidek

Verse with Eskil Steenberg

Blender & Architecture Session with Wybren van Keulen

Mobile Session with Gerhard Voelkl

Mobile Session with Sean Wylie-Toal, Bight Interactive

Mixing Virtuality and Reality with Paul Grimm

DAY 2

Pipeline Game Engine with Jordi Rovira i Bonet

Artist Tutorials (Animation) with Bassam Kurdali

Artist Tutorials (Curves) with Matt Ebb

Artist Tutorials (Model/Render/Fixup) with Andy Goralczyk

Suzanne Award Ceremony hosted by Ton Roosendaal

DAY 3

Blender and (Open) Movie Creation with the Orange Open Movie Team

Blender and SFX in Feature Film with Marc and Serge Ume

Python Session with Theo de Ridder.

BlendOn with Nathan van Hulst

Visual Conclusion in Comics and Computer Graphics with Francisco Ortiz

BlenderArtists.org - Confessions of a Website Admin with Roel Spruit

ORIGINAL DOWNLOADS:

Blender Conference 2004 Videos

DAY 1

Keynote and Conference programme with Ton Roosendaal

Verse & Purple with Eskil Steenberg & Emil Brink

Case studies with Oscar Mendoza / Francesco Anselmo

Character Animation in Blender with Bassam Kurdal

DAY 2

3D Media Interface: Metaphor and Beyond with Matt Ebb

Robotics for blender. Case study. With Herman Bruynincks

Maritime research. Case study. With Roeland Doerrfer

Results of Study on blender community websites by Ton Roosendaal

ArtFestival DemoReel

Suzanne Awards Ceremony hosted by Ton Roosendaal

DAY 3

“Design Eye for a Coding Guy” introduced by Matt Ebb

Closing session / Conference Roundup by Ton Roosendaal

ORIGINAL DOWNLOADS:

The Tower Room sessions have been uploaded to Blender.org I have added to the list. I’ll post the additions here as well so you dont have to search through all videos.

Blender Conference 2006 - The Tower Room Sessions

DAY1

Blender Game Engine Workshop With Nathan van Hulst (NL)

Lighting, Compositing and Shading Workshop With Andy Goralczyk (DE) and Matt Ebb (AU)

DAY 2

Mechanical Modelling Workshop with Pim de Groot (NL)

DAY3

Creating the Impossible with Blender Nodes with Colin Litster (UK)

Just a quick note on my workshop, the mechanical modeling one. i still need to update the documentation that i used for the workshop, and put it online.

there are also two people i forgot to thank for their help with animating: Bassam Kurdali (slikdigit) and especialy Peter Haehnlein (Haunt_Hause).

Edit: The thread in the finished projects forum: http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=81981

Well, great…
Good to see that the people who did all the effort to make this available are not credited in any way !!!

Well at least people can spill their guts on the quality and missing videos so thats a relief.

geez what a crappy community.

Oh, Im terribly sorry, I was just in a rush. All was flashing by… so fast.

Thanks to all the people who made the movies available and not credited in any way, among probably many others;

Video Recording and Editing: Filipp Lepalaan
Technical Asssistance: Marco Walraven

Who am I still missing?

PS. joeri, do you still have that old Blender Commercial online?

Espescially the web site name for the front/side US PRISONER pictures

That was Dakota County Jail. Google that and you’ll get the link.