Blender Guru - Character Competition

Hey guys, i worked a little on the clothes, shorts, and shoes. Added the spiritual stuff, and glow since people got the spirit confused with a snake!

I made his hair bigger as well. Penny for your thoughts :D!?

Attachments

Cool stuff, I really like the expression of the boy and the tilted foot is a nice touch!

What about you are you joining the fun?

I have an idea and even some time so it’s possible :slight_smile:

You noticed that tilted foot huh, i really like it! I think it really gives the boy the personality i’m going for. Right now i am working on figuring out what kind of environment to add.

Looking forward to your idea Toshi!

Penny for your thoughts

Well, I like the concept and the idea behind it very much. :slight_smile: But I do think he is a bit old for this toy. He looks more like a teen to me.

Hey Minor, thanks man!

Actually that is very much intended, i find it more disturbing that at that age he still has a teddy bear. It shows that he isn’t maturing properly!

Hey guys, still working on the concept art, this is a painted over version to figure out the environment and the color scheme, far from satisfied yet. What do you guys think?

Attachments

nice job!!

Thanks Blade :wink:

'Kay so i wasn’t satisfied with my last attempt on the color scheme, so i went with a new one. This feels alot more like the render i was originally going for.

Now that i have an idea on how i will go with the colors, i will start pushiing the sculpts further, retopology after that, rig, pose, texture, etc … wow so much to do!

Attachments

All work and no play make Jack a dull boy.

I suppose those stairs are meant to ring that litte line… :cool: Guess I like it. Though… wheres her twin sister? -All right, Im gonna stop it now.

Good work so far, though the boys hands seem a little undefined yet, in parts. Just keep at it, youre on a good start (as I basically expected).

greetings, Kologe

Not sure what the beginning of your sentence means, something from a book maybe?

Thanks man, yeah the hand is far from finished, i’ll be working on it when i get the chance!

This is a great concept! Maybe push his chest back bit more, so he’s leaning back ever more slightly… or if you’re going for more haunted/ possessed feeling he could lean a little to the side maybe?:slight_smile: to put bit more life/movement into the still

Well almost. I was talking a famous movie-quote here (“The Shining” Stanley Kubric, 1980). Though its probably in the Stephen King book the films based upon either, I suppose…

This is the scene (you`ll know what I meant about the stairs):

Also are you sure you didnt <i>actually mean</i> to make that background ring "The Shining"? And are you sure you wouldnt want that tricycle somewhere in the background? :wink:

greetings, Kologe

Thanks for the input, i very much agree on that. I would keep it in mind!

New update, working on the character. Fixing almost everything, from hair to shoes!

Attachments

Hey guys,

Here is my last update on the concept. Improved the kid and gave him more of a dynamic pose. Changed the interaction of the spirit as well!

I think i’m gonna work on the environment now, thoughts?

Attachments

True to that! I do love what others do in therms of characters, but I do not seem to get it. How to make them real… so its not for everyone :smiley:
Btw it is getting better and better the project :smiley:

Nice concept! Quite interesting to see your workflow. Guess I could learn a lot from you.

Thanks bro!

Thanks! Glad to be of any help!