Blender Python API Code Autocomplete Notepad++ or Scite?

I was using emacs in the foregoing century because it was (and is!) superb, changed to XEmacs (do not know anymore why) but there are some ‘small’ difference which may be even big ones (e.g. the org. package of emacs) is missing in XEmacs and in emacs
the possibiltye to have a button ‘Recent files’ I could not find

I use at the moment the (in both available) code continuation (alt /) but this is not the same as showing a window of possible completions related to the project, now Blender Python Api.

So either emacs can be (easily told) to be able too to do such things I can imaging that other users like other editors.

I very often other editors too, ‘scite’ to look quick into a file (I have it in explorers right click, Vista PC) :wink:
The possibilities of Geany editor to show into about a python file (vars ,functions classes) and the possibility to show only the headings
(think as is done for *.org files in emacs) is great and is automatic.
This feature I would like to know if it is possible (I can imagine it is, but it is NOT automatic!) in (X)Emacs …

BUT, if something is NOT automatic, it is like the fairytale: You know there is ‘SCHLARAFFENLAND’ but to reach it it costs you a lot of work! And getting something automatic lets you be content :wink: (because of considerable time invested already).

(X)Emacs is to my opinion the most powerful text-editor: it is a living lisp machine which COULD be learned anything you want but
you need experts to make it for a newbie automatic (say easy) usable …

Looking forward to your updates! ! !

I think just a simple wordlist for starters, converted from the api somehow, would enable easier development for all_of_the_above editors to apply whichever specific method gives them autocomplete.
Personally I use vim, so I only get ^p autocomplete on things i have already typed. If i bothered to load a wordlist into a buffer, prior, I suppose I would probably have full autocomplete, but haven’t tried that yet, and I prefer knowing more or less exactly what my auto-completes will be before I use them. Mostly for longer_more_descriptive_variable_names_which_i_would_prefer_not_to_type_twice. Too many options on the autocomplete list is not so great, In my opinion.