Blender Visualization Project !!! (Using Blender 2.68)

Really cool! I’m a fan of GSG, and I recognized this almost immediately, well done! :smiley:

Please share the .blend file :slight_smile:

hey man, it’s awesome work!!! great!!!
can you share a little tutorial?

I think I know how he did this. I had a similar problem with a file I did a while ago. Here’s a sample file that shows the technique. I didn’t go as far to include the audio animation, but that could be easily added to this.

Blend file of example is here (file was a little buggy for me, but should get the point across).
http://www.pasteall.org/blend/25230

First create a object to act as what everything attracts to, add a negative force field to it and set the ray visibility to none if using a mesh.

Then add your objects to swarm. Make those Active Rigid Body objects so they interact with each other.

IMPORTANT!!!
A force field won’t affect objects on layers it’s not on. So put bundles on their own separate layers to have multiple force fields.

Then animate the location/size etc of these objects to make it move.
There are other tutorials for how to add audio animation. You would then just have the audio animation properties modify the size/strength of the force field and size of the spheres, really it’s up to your artistic talent to make it look cool!

tnx a lot crazycourier, your tips are useful. I tried and it works fine but I not understand how to randomiser the size of the ball unevenly between them and how some balls to react only some sounds rather than to other.

Very good results! It gives a lot of opportunities regarding music videos. Thanks for sharing!

@Afranx: To randomize the size of any object, just set a keyframe for the size and, in the Graph Editor, add a Noise modifier on the curves. (Press [N] to let the Properties panel appear on the right.)

As for making some object to react only to some sound, it’s done when you bake the sound to the curve. Specify a range of frequencies in the bottom left of the file selector before to click the big “Bake” button.

This Wikipedia page is my source of inspiration about music and ranges of frequencies:

Niiiiiiiice!!! :slight_smile:
tnx a lot!

Here is my attempt. I wanted to create a tutorial for this classic for a long time. I had stalled it because deformation motion blur is not available in Cycles yet. Maybe we both create a tutorial and release them at the same time to see how each of us created the effect?

This weekend will be busy , so I post the tutorial today . It´s exciting that you all like it , and I believe you can make a better one than me !

Here is the tutorial link I write today : http://barneyisbo.blogspot.se/

@ TheNewGuy , I write this because I promised you . Hope you would be happy :D.

And here is blend file : https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=8644C747AA045CF0!148&authkey=!AAHo1nU2EaNh8rE

Then you can find more information about this animation . Have a nice weekend !

It doesn’t matter you or I write the tutorial . The important thing is that vi have learnt something in the process . So if you can write one and help other people then it would be great !!

Thanks for the tutorial, looks like our approaches are very similar. I always like to see different ways on how one problem can be solved.

Btw: with deformation motion blur I meant motion blur for things like scaling of an object. That’s not there yet, only motion blur for the movement. But I’m sure it will arrive some time in the near future since there was a GSoC for exactly that feature this year.

YOU’ARE A GREAT MAN!!!
tnx a lot :))))
The tutorial is well explained and is very useful

Oh my God thank you!
I will love you forever.

if the Bake sound produces a exaggerated scale type 0.0001 or 10000.000, how can I control the range and force him for example between 0.5 and 3.00?
none of the parameters of the sound bake allows to fix the range?

edit:
is unbake + scaleY the curve in graph editor the only way?

Exactly . The problem is the process you Bake the sound . Just keep the “Lowest frequency” value to be 1 or higher . Never ! Never set it to be 0.1 or 0.01 or lower :no: .

Then it will not be so exaggerated . Try it ~

maybe I explained bad or maybe I misunderstood the answer.
I never put in lowest frequency a value less than 1.
0.0001 or 10000.000 is the value of output that I see in the scale kf after the bake
thanks anyway for the answer

I would like to avoid having mesh troopo small (0.047).
I believe that the only way to fix this is bake + scaleY

Attachments

@Afranx: Add a Generator modifier on the curves.

Expanded Polynomal
Additive (Click to activate.)

y = minimal value + 0.0 x

Note that this minimal value will be added to the maximal value too.

If you don’t want that, you can simply add a Limit modifier to clamp the minimum.

this is my first result, thanks to everyone for the advice