Civilian Monolith Encounter [BWC]

wow, scene is very futristic, do the birds in the bg have a special meaning?

Did you get the second/third place on the BWC?

Very good! Круто получилось! особенно надпись “Топливо”!

very good looking :smiley: I really like the guy, and his suit a lot. Fantastic work (o, and i have no idea what you meant about the monolith or anything, i just think it’s cool :D)

I’ve heard about the movie 2001 A Space Odessy, and I know the basic plot, but I never understood the monolith part. I never read the book or saw the movie, but I watched an episode of “Recess”, a 90’s kids cartoon (not too long ago I was in elementary school), and they spoofed the movie/book. They installed a HAL 3000 at the school, and it trapped everyone in the classrooms, then the main group of kids shut him down in the control room in the basement, and as they turned him off, he said “My mind is going, I can feel it. School days, school days, great old golden rule days…” with his voice slowing down to a subsonic pitch.

This should have won.:!

Hey btw. Could we see some wireframe? xD

EDIT:

Ok forget it. Found the other thread. :slight_smile:

Hahah! My firend was like “Was that done in Maya!?!?”
…I was like, “no dude… that’s Blender all the way!”

Great job!! (but I like almost anything with stars in it!)

Kevin

How come people think if you use an expensive program it comes out amazing?

The surroundings in the scene are very nice but the monolith is just not black enough. It looks rather like a box sitting there than the ‘thing’ it’s supposed to be to me.
I like your take on ‘it’s full of stars’ though :slight_smile:
cheers!

Are you sure that the truck of the future, going well over 60 miles per hour, could notice that slim rectangular shape and be able to slow down in time to not hit it? And supposing it could, wouldn’t it leave skid marks?

Haha… just nit-picking here. I really love this picture actually. But I think a little too much :wink:

Great! No words on this! Really Great Masterpiece! :slight_smile:

wow~
really the amazing work!

WOW
you are great at this

Awesome work!