Commodore keyboard (updated)

Looool :)))

Here it is :slight_smile:

I’ve finished the keys UV map and texture. What do you think of the result ?

It is looking soo realistic, I think the keys need more roughness on the gloss, just me. Would You pass to my thread house at sunset with the focused critics? Don´t worry if You are busy or something.

No problemo ! I look at your project right now :slight_smile:

… and I think you’re right. I’ll reduce a little bit the glossiness on the keys.

It’s all great, you’ve really taken this somewhere. The cord is awesome. Did you convert a curve to mesh or start with a mesh and parent a curve…or something else?

First of all, I’ve added a circle mesh (8 vertices) and I’ve added a SCREW and SUBDIVISION modifiers to my circle, then I’ve applied the SCREW modifier and Iv’e extruded the straight starting and ending cord with some LOOP CUT AND SLIDE to have smoothed curves. After that I’ve added a CURVE modifier to obtain the coord loops.

The new black version :

…and the ambiant blue version :

I prefer the blue version to see it better (the keyboard).

dude, you’re relentless!

The one comment is the gloss on the coiled cord. I never saw a comodore keyboard in persion, but i saw coiled phone cords (landline) and I don’t remember them being that glossy?

But hey, that’s a nitpick . . . killing it so far!

Love this image, very few people would probably recognize this keyboard though - I do :slight_smile: Can’t wait to pick up my GTX 750Ti so I can finally use Cycles properly.

thanx Guy :slight_smile:

may be You’re right. Ill make some tests

you really did a great job on this. It looks terrific.

Very good to me! The keys texture is more than simply the white letters, am i right? It’s possible to see the plastic material setup to have an idea?