Cryptocephalus

I hope you don’t mind I did some editing trying to modify the plant, giving less detail to it and less color variation because in such scale the plant has not so much detail, that makes it look weird in my opinion.

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/9991/ba3b.jpg

I disagree with Bao. When shooting macro you realize everything has a ton of detail… Like this I took a couple of years ago. It’s got tirethreads, kinda, hehe… ;D

I was talking of the plant “trunk”. Look at this image, because this lack of detail on it (the red part of the image) is what I was talking (you only see a slight glossy and the rest almost plain color). The original image has a lot of color variation and detail that for me at least makes my brain to say: Hey that part shows it is CG image. As you see in this image, this “trunk” don’t have such detail:
Now is your turn and show me an image with the detail you think they have in a macro photo (I talk of the plant trunk/branch not the leaves, the leaves yes have much detail, but the branches/trunk only have hairs or are almost plain color as in this image).

And here one with the hairs. Look again without the hairs it is just plain color again. Always without detail.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jnthomas/6977260502/

Bao2

There’s like a gazillion species of plants on this ball of ours, here’s an example that looks absolutely nothing like yours, hehe… ;D

To settle this properly we need an entomologist to tell us what plants the Cryptocephalus prefer. Or two baseball bats and a dark alleyway. ;D

This is very inspiring work!

That is a dead plant. And so the detail is just the dry plant folding because the water on it evaporates. I was thinking of a live plant (the color of the image didn’t show brown colors). But with dead plants, then of course you are right and a lot of detail appears: folds and change of colors.

So I am right for live plants and you are right for dead plants. We have a drawn farmfield !!!

Thus I present it, alive and hairy:

Also, looking on pics from Google, seems most plant stems are actually ‘hairy’. Here’s another example…

So if anything it would look more realistic with hair, not unlike me who also look more realistic with hair. ;D

Edit: Just to clarify; Those pic’s are not from the same place or from the same plant species. It looks like they could be, but they are not.

Yes, this one even the branches have detail similar to the render in this thread.

The question is if the branches will be merged into trunk or not. :wink:

Hope not, Blender is hairy enough. ;D

No, I’m just getting to silly now, hehe, time to go to bed… Nighty night /FF

just stunning

could you please show us the material

I love this image soo much, to the gallery please and five stars from me.

Impossible, there is a bug there!

I didn’t see that coming. Genius. I’m taking a bow here, very smart. :slight_smile:

Wow, very well done! Did you rig the whole insect? Keep up the good work.

WoW! awesome work
Ilike modeling >>>rendring>>>&>>>>mat

This is completely amazing. Genuinely, some very nice all round work there.

hi there

Great image Gabich, as always.

Wow. It is absolutely amazing. Shading is just perfect. Love it. Top class.

Gallery … what are you waiting for admins?

:slight_smile:

Yes ! This is another opportunity to congratulate your work , Gab ! :wink: