Cycles 4 eyepet.

man I love those, so full of win. The concept side of Mango is definitely going to kick all manner of ass with your skills

wow!

really awesome work! 5 bucks for me :slight_smile:

Really very nice, I commend you for braving early Cycles. What made you commit to such a scary scenario at alpha software with a deadline?

This concept art is great! You did very well on each piece, despite the time constraints. Your first two images are my favourites by far, the lighting and materials blend very well together.

Beautiful work as usual. Congrats dude!

Very impressive and beautiful work, but, usual coming from you :stuck_out_tongue:
The first one is my favourite too.

Wow, lots of comments (blushes)

That varied… most took about 45 minutes to an hour to finish resolving though on one of them I ran out of graphics card memory and had to render overnight on cpu… took more than 12 hours…

(have an nvidia 560ti with 2GB ram…).

What made you commit to such a scary scenario at alpha software with a deadline?
I was playing with cycles anyway and was enjoying the instant feedback for iteration. It wasn’t really scary using alpha software when I already knew from my tests it was a good tool for the job.

Right now I’m doing a contract at EA with a much scarier deadline!!!

:frowning: oh dear I guess that means we can’t pester you with questions. Good luck.

Did you do any noise reduction externally or internally or just let the passes do it? How many passes would you let it go, I can’t estimate from the render time?

Very beautiful scenery! Really, lots of details and style!

Too bad the actual game’s graphics didn’t come even close to them! =[

http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2011/228/640395_20110817_640screen007.jpg
http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2011/228/640395_20110817_640screen008.jpg
http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2011/228/640395_20110817_640screen009.jpg

Total waste of your art!

On contrary, I see that as a beautiful PS3 game!

Congratulations!

First and last image is my two favorites, it is just amazing seeing something as big as this produced by Cycles, certainly got my hopes up for a truly production-ready renderer for Blender in the near future :slight_smile:

I just let it run until it looked resolved enough… or I was being pestered for delivery…
pass numbers varied for each shot… I’d let it run as long as I could but had to send them off ASAP…

I don’t recall exactly how many passes but it’d be in the range of 1000 to 4000 with the larger dimension being 1920 pixels.

A couple were very noisy so may have run longer than that!

ouch, the game is very…bleh

Thanks!

now that I got used to the differences I think it’s interesting… on a small handheld screen the simplification could well be a good thing for playability overall. I was hoping for more depth and paralax, but that’s really hard to judge in a screenshot so will be interested to see this in motion!

I’m also not that sure how well my original artwork fits in with the franchise’s goals at large across a range of products.
personally I must admit that with streaming and pre-baking more lighting it wouldn’t have been hard to match the concept exactly.

with many products being delivered on many platforms it’s never as easy as that though…the “tone” hammer and “what does the IP look like” across the range makes it tricky.

These images are tremendous. I can’t believe Cycles has been kicking faces to the curb like this for six months already.

My face isnt on the curb! (picks face up quickly)

WOW! Very nice work!!

so awesome! great pieces

also, i never have a gaming system until it’s years old, so PSP is still awesome to me. congrats on the great work.

The images are too superb to even comment :smiley:
Congrats for joining Mango project !!!

Renders are awesome !!!
And with an alpha Cycles Engine.
It make some great ads to Cycles

O.O awesome work! 5*