Death Taker

I’ll bet if you posted this on the Zbrush forums no one would know that you did it in Blender. Well done.

Amazing sculpt!!! Excellent composition in your presentation image as well!:yes:

I have a bad gamma on my Laptop Screen! Love it!

ok that rocks ! astonishing sculpt, next state:a 3d print ? :cool:

iceking, haha thanx! I actually hope this actually adds moral that you dont really have to split your workflow for Zbrush if you’re a Blender fan like me :wink:
As for the brushes. I use the default blender brushes. sometimes I play with the falloff curve but rarely it happens. I currently don’t use any alphas. (I really hope blender will just have simple useful alphas to come with the software so I could easily experiment more with that…)
The main brushes I use are:
Snakehook - mostly/only on dyntopo’s initial stage
Grab - I would call it the modeling brush.
ClayStripes - I use this as really the main sculpting brush. It builds volume and mass easily and effectively. I make sure “front faces only” is turned on, because this way even if the model is very thin on certain areas it won’t influence backfaces you don’t want sculpted (I don’t know if on ZB you can have that option with the Clay Buildup so 1up for Blender!)
Smooth - Almost after every sculpt stroke I smooth out the sculpt and do the operation again…
Crease - I use this for adding small details, folds, wrinkles, and define, well creases of course!
Flatten - For hard surface definition.

That’s pretty much it for the brushes. Some brushes I use in specific cases:
Inflate - initially, build up some bulk in dyntopo. For final stages of the sculpt add slight distortions to give the feeling of decay
Polish - final steps of hires model
Pinch - Add definitions to creases

The other brushes I almost never use, maybe just play a bit once a in while…

Safetyman, I really hope it is so, that is my intention of using Blender over ZBrush! I hope I will make it more clear in future works!

Damn that is insane it is like a happy accident between Frazetta and Blizzard. The level of art in this forum is serious going up.

SynaGl0w, Thank you! I did struggle to find the figural composition I would like. Even if you put in the right anatomy and proportions, if the pose ain’t flowing right, the design won’t be as effective.
One of the challenges of creating turntable art is that at every angle you want the composition to work. In the initial stages as I shared some wip images you can see that the pose was not that effective. And I made sure to catch that and think before I continue. It was mainly the left leg that needed to move a bit to direct the eye in one line to the skull. I hope to share a tutorial about this subject sometime soon!

BaRe, Yes, this art was made to be 3d printed! Unfortunately I only have an FDM printer, though it can catch some features, it will lose much detail. I hope to expand somehow in the future for an SLA printer or some other high resolution printer. Hopefully I will print it out soon and also share it here!

tyrant monkey, Insane is what I am aiming for! Also I stated that I am influenced by Frazetta, I am also a fan of Blizzard, and maybe this would be the dream job for me :slight_smile: So I am really happy you mentioned this too!

BTW, Excellent forum name! I checked out some of your sketches just now, good job! I think drawing skills easily translate into digital sculpting skills, especially figure drawing and anatomy. So I would encourage you and everyone interested to indulge in the blender sculpting system and thus even support it’s expansion, as well as the expansion of art itself!

@kfir - I see you are using my quickprefs addon and have made a ton of presets. I’m looking at updating the addon soon and would love for you to share your presets with me along with suggestions of which ones you think would be good to include as defaults. I’ve been informed that many of the original defaults are not that useful, so I’d like to collect some actually useful ones. Any other suggestions for the addon?

@kfir: thnx for the info man, really useful.

LiquidApe, Wow, I didn’t realize you made the script! It’s an honor thank you! An awesome script and a must have for all blender sculptors in my opinion!

I added some materials to mimic Zbrush materials. I really did the best I could in terms of making it look similar with the three lights I have. I can send you the file I am working with (how can I contact you?), that has all the presets in place, and I hope you would find some cool materials there to integrate with the newer versions of the script. I use this addon much more than I use the matcaps already in blender. Even though they are fancy, with this addon I have more control to visualize the sculpt in the making.

I really hope this could be sometime an essential part of Blender, also adding the ability to have more than 3 lights.
I would really hope one day the opengl would have a fake shadow effect like zbrush material. With that, displaying the raw sculpt with no other render settings would really be striking no less then Zbrush… Just a little scripting push and Blender is there!

Again thank you so much for the development, really great!!!

BTW, the default material settings you have there are pretty neat. I think the best ones are: Candy, and Dark Gray

Kfir! OMG, this is awesome! Great work!

hugs!

Nathan! Good to see you here! Thank you!

Master Rigger, I hope I am not disappointing you leaving the straight path of the rigger :wink: Now I am following my heart’s desire - Making 3d character concept art!

hugs! Back :slight_smile:

Insane work, kfir! :slight_smile:

Some of those light preset for quickprefs would be great to have.

Simply stunning. This really does motivate to learn more sculpring as it clearly shows that Blender is not limiting creativity, only skills. :wink:

Awesome work, congrats.

Holy moly! What a work!
You will inspire a lot of Blenderheads out there! :yes:

Great Sculpt kfir! I really love the AO render as well.