Dung Beetle

WOW! This image is gorgeous! Everything is nearly flawless from modeling to texturing to lighting! Well done! Well done, indeed!

Definitely cool ! :slight_smile:

Thank you ever so for putting my image to blenderartist official gallery! As always it’s a great honour for me!

Awesome piece!!

Amazing detail in the legs, and in the dirt ball thing.

The dirt ball thing is poo, MBETeam.
It’s a dung beatle.

Very awesome! I always love things like this that use pieces of junk to make machinery! Love it!

Thanks for a nice comments, it’s always very rewarding reading opinions like this one.

Because “Dung Beetle” is going to be printed in 3D Artist magazine I made slightly bigger resolution. If you are interested in how it looks check this link:

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/9465/dungbeetlehighres.png

“Everything including the whole postproduction was made with Blender…”

It’s nice to see Blender completely used for postproduction.

Definitely an excellent piece of work, especially regarding the tex part.

Great image! One thing that caught my eye is that you’ve run into the premultiplied alpha problem that Blender has. There’s a dark outline visible against the background, for example around the right rear wheel and around the boom. I’d be interested to know how you composited the image, did you use premultiplied png’s perhaps?

Cheers,
-mats

This is an impressive piece of work that showcases Blender’s capabilities as well as your skills to an oustanding level.

Awesome work man, really good quality.

Wow, that’s truly stunning work :yes:

this is a really grat entry! This could be your CV for Mango entry too! :slight_smile:

this is totally good.
and a good concept for an animation film:)

From Concept to Finish Work.
Very creative and well executed.
Perfect!

I’m speecheless again - this is an amazing piece of art - I love your way of imagination. Thanks for inspiring works.

Great piece of art ! I like the concept as much as the style. Congratulations !

i love it… briliant concept