Dynamic Loading Terrain system (still in development and a bit buggy) [Now Threaded]

Cool, but I usually see this things and thing awesome, but I usually dont know how to use them and for what use it, like the ragdoll system that was made a while back and other 100 of things.
This is very cool, but How can I use it, please dont get me wrong, im not saying that this have no utility, I really want to know how can I use it, like how the game creators use this kind of process for me to expand my possibilities.
I dont even know how to use dynamic loading till now, so I m sorry about my dumbness.

Ahah, no problem!! Yes, by now it is a bit complicated to use the system, you need to set up a few things (this is why i release the blend file already working)
When i’ll consider it to a major milestone (read as: when the libfree bug will be solved or i’ll found a workaround for this, and than the script will be completely usable), i’ll release this in a way that very little work will be needed in order to use this. I know what you are talking about, often using things developed by other is harder than making the owns(and it is a really “sad” thing, since there are really interesting scripts out there. Maybe the devs should work on a easy system for this). I have already in my todo list to make this step as easy as possible.

Ps: for the dynamic loading you can see the py api, but if you don’t write scripts that load and free other blend file or do “a bit strange” things, i don’t think you need it.

Pps: don’t be sorry about noobness, for writing this scritp i asked help as well, and someone that know more than me gave me tips and hints. Just be sure to help someone that know less than you to be sure the cycle continues :wink:

This is really usefull!
Can i upload it on my http://blenderarchive.hostilestudios.com?

If you put the credits and a link to this thread, sure :wink:
Btw i think it’s better to wait another 4/5 day, now the trees are upside down, and not at the right height, and this still crashes due to a bug in blender. I’ll upload a corrected version after solving the tree problems(and hoping the bug will be solved soon) :slight_smile:

MBT shoes is very famous nowadays, people all want to own a MBT shoe, becuse MBT is a health shoes can benefit human body. In 1916, the U.S. Rubber Company decided to use “Peds” only, which is a Latin word for foot; finally, the “Peds” became to be “Keds”. Then there we got the brand name Keds.Keds is not originally made sneakers for kids, but for people of all ages. It has its popularity peak among women in the 1980s, which brought a Keds fashion trend. But afterwards, it lied down because of the competition with other companies.Keds history is not quite long and not so interesting.As the function of MBT become various, designers designed MBT shoes for men and women, also to meet the different need of human.MBT shoes inappropriate “Run” in many people mistakenly think that the new MBT shoes are “run” period, wear, over time, “Traffic.” In fact, the quality is good, the new MBT will be very comfortable shoes to wear. Overall, the MBT shoes inappropriate presser foot, mbt shoes clearance, the former about a thumb’s space, front foot a certain room, followed by non-smooth, heel, do not feel the friction between the MBT. Keds shoes are once hot among women in the 1980s but died down gradually afterwards. Now kids’ Keds shoes are quite familiar with parents and kids for its wide range of choices. But how much do you know about this brand Keds?But in some way, it related to the history of sneakers, shows the development of sneakers in America.Kids’ Keds shoes are categorized into several different groups by the age of children. Unlike other shoes for kids, Keds shoes for kids can be worn for quite a long time. For example, it has shoes for kids aged 0 to 2; 2 to 5; and 5 to pre-teens.With each person’s feet are not as big, try MBT shoes feet, we must stand up and walk the main console to see if any related foot shoes.A friend of mine introduce MBT to me, she wear it for three years. After the appearance of the first rubber soled shoes in late 1800s, the U.S. Rubber Company developed about 30 brand names to make sneakers- developed from rubber shoes.

I’ve coded it, so why not share(even if not totally complete)?
link to the setup and needed file to test: http://www.mediafire.com/?lrr34kj7qpr7u
1° big change: now it loads even blend files.
With blends it run fast and it doesn’t crash any more!

2° i’ve created an add on that create automatically all the setup for the script. How to use: install setup_system.py as an addon, create a new project, save the project in the folder in which you extracted all the archive, enable the add on, rename the Cube to whatever you want (eg player), set the cube as player object and the camera as global object, enable add basic motion, and then run the script. Link the group in Arvore-final.blend if you want to use the vegetation, otherwise unlink the python controller “set_vegetation_on_terrain” in the camera logic bricks. If you don’t want to load the object (right now it is an house i picked from blender swap), unlink even “load_obj_on_terrain”
Note: vegetation and object has bugs(not show stoppers, but they doesn’t work properly)

Here the script to divide a terrain mesh (now it works even with blend. [it can convert your previously exported obj to blend files])
http://www.pasteall.org/20995/python

(this time no video: you already saw that this work, i’ll do a well done video when i’ll resolve the last bugs and “officially” release it)
tell me what you think about this

@leonnn: tell me if this is enough user-friendly

I think that it is, ehehe
thanks

Great stuff, I hope to try this out today!

I’ve just subscribed to this thread, it would be awsome if you do a tutorial to show us how to use all of this.