Easy Lattice editing addon, you are going to like the way you lattice

mill, you can edit the script, the defaults are in there. Just edit the createlattice function, you will see the settings there.

That is making everything so much faster, thanks for the addon

I edited the script from linear to bspline.
That works fine.

If this script works for a curve, it would be getting better.

Anyway thank you for the handy script.

Hi

I added a popup with lattice settings. For now I do not know how to do dropdown menu in Bpython, so the lattice type is kind of useless(you need to type in there) now however you can change the lattice divisions.

Please use the link in the first post.

k

cloned your repo, put the dropdown in there for you, create a pull request on bitbucket :slight_smile:

Hi

Thanks Patmo141. I pulled and committed new version which also gets rid of all the debug messaging etc.

k

I made a small addition. It now shows up in the specials menu in edit mode.

k

Nice :yes:. Thanks

Hi

I updated the script with bunch of fixes. The lattice object`s position and the rotation should be handled more gracefully now when it the mesh object is parented under other objects. It shows up in the specials menu.

Also It is accepted into the addons svn so hopefully it will be included with the next version of Blender.

Thanks for all the interest and help from the users.

k

You can now apply the modifier while the lattice object is selected(it will apply the modifier and delete the lattice object). If an object selected at that moment, it will either create a new lattice tool or apply the prev one and recrate a new one. Also introduced some refactoring.

Congratulations! Can’t wait to play around with it some more

Hey thanks! It helps a lot!

Wow…thanks.This will be cool for animating hair mesh movements.

Ha-ha!!! It is what many people needs!

I missed this - congratulations on a very needed addon, this is very cool

Help please. How can I apply objects deformation of this Easy Lattice?

Very nice addon, simplifies much the work. Thanks!

I just hope I do not forget how to use lattice from scratch, having this addon available :slight_smile:

Download the .zip file from right in download link, extract and install “kk_QuickLatticeCreate.py” file.

Thank You, but I have downloaded this addon successfully and it works very well. But how can I apply the deformations so that I can delete the lattice cage? Can`t find any way to do that.

Oh, the system console says: event has invalid window. Can`t understand?

@marksto, in Object Mode select the object and apply the modifier in the right panel. Then you can select de lattice cage and delete it.
This is a video that I had use to learn Lattice:

Edit:

Oh, I see. I can apply it without error message. Blender 2.68.