EinsteinDwarf Free Rig and model

Thanks very much for sharing. I’m sure i’ll learn a lot from looking at this cool model. cheers. :slight_smile:

I’ve been trying to use this armature as my step up from the basic introduction to rigging armatures, but I’m having a lot of trouble getting the weights to work out properly. I’m trying to get the armature on a model from makehuman, just like you showed in the blenderart article, but I’m getting bad deformations in a few key places, mainly the hips/groin area, and some of my weights bleed over to the opposite side of the mesh. I was just wondering if you could post the files you have of this rig on the makehuman model that I could compare my work with, or maybe a few guidelines on what you considered when transferring the rig. I’m pretty sure its just a matter of getting the bones in the right places.

And great work btw!

Check up bone layer 10 (I think). It has a number of bones in the ribcage and pelvis area that should be placed in correct places (non deformable areas). That should do the trick. I have tested it with several meshes and it works well every time. Of course, you can add any number of bones that could make non - deformable area more precise. (And you can erase those that are unnecessary). One word of advice though - always check the parenting of the bones. For more info, refer to “Blenderart # 15”

Happy New Year!