FBX Importer v0.001

Hay I am useing maya 2008 and i was wondering how I could import the FBX I just exported and put it in blender. I realy need the joints for the objects. This will be most help full. Thank you. This is awsome, i just dont understand how to use it so that is my problem. Your help will be greatly helpful.

I thought I might bump this thread, because the .fbx importer would really be very valueable for blender users. Right now there is no way to import animations from .max into blender afaik… :frowning:

Any skilled programmer around who would be willing to take the challenge?

All the best,

-zapman

Hello,

I really need to import fbx animation into blender. This thread is still alive ?

Is there a way ? i need it too

Hi Guys,

Is there any chance to get access to the latest version of the code?. I’m just curios about it and I would like to be able to study it.

Thanks in advance!

hey collada,

did you get access to the fbx-skript? I’m working on a thesis and it would be very helpful to have the chance to import fbx-files in blender.

regards,
Patrick

Importing animation is best via mdd, import/export of animation data via skeletal deformation plus skinning using curves works rather poorly in Blender currently.

LetterRip

Hey,

i just need to import a simple scene with geometrical primitives with translation- and rotation-animations. was someone successfull with importing such a scene from 3dsmax to blender?

regards,
pagari

Great work…http://greenrent.de/smileyhappy.ico

is there an import script? I think the export script is sending an error

Can I BUMP this?
This is importer is very useful!

Please NO grave robbing.
Thread closed