Fear The Dark - Sanity Effects

it should be mixed terrain if possible. i like the screen shots. will there be bandits.

Nice, butttt. . . Someone please explain the plunger? Does it suck out zombie brainz?

This is awesome! I want your codez >=o

Keep up the good work!

The forest looks incredible, I’d like to play there for sure!

Looks like a beautiful Game it is…

wow gud job bro, the terrains look awesome, may i know how u created them? and all the other pictures look great too…but i am very intrested on how u generated the terrains…
congratz and i look forward for the reply!

this is epic looking cant wait till its done sad that novus has bin cut though :frowning:

Thanks for the comments!

We are looking for texture artists to help with the game, if you are interesting in either contributing or joining the team PM me!

@MOVIEMAKER: There will be all kinds of people in the game, most doing things only to survive the next night.

@GackToActivity: The terrain is a pretty complicated setup. I hope to release it individually once its complete.

@cam.dudes: haha! Plungers!

Also I think I’ll add, there are not going to be zombies in this game. Only strange creatures who are not constrained by physics. Be careful going around that corner, or opening the door into a dark hallway.

Update:

Welcoming our new team member larmannjan!

I coded a light scattering filter and added it to our setup.

I also updated the procedural Forest. Now it places foliage/rocks/props according to a fractal noise algorithm and several rules layered on top. Here is the video

Subscribe to our channel! And stay tuned for updates!
Ex.

UPDATE

Epic taglines me and the team have come up with—

“KARL will find you and mate with you, if you have big boobs and are male and arent a midget”
“They will find you”
“They always find you”
“Always, they find ELI with strange women with adams apples and deep voices who want ELI to get in the van” ~ yoda
“You can’t hide but you can run from molesters…sometimes”
“Your Mom Cant help you this time, unless you are hungry”
hahGMisLesbianwithfemaleponies.ru

I cant believe you’ve done this. By the way, the initials are our names in the chat on Docs.

Looking great, my only doubt is about the framerate of sutch a great presentation, this presentation should run at least at 60 fps on a not very powerfull computer otherwise it would be not very playable since other logic and pysic elements will be added to the game, anyway its looks great but I hope that it work out properly for an ordinary computer.

When I say ordinary is a core 2 duo with a GT8600 at least, its an old reasonable configuration.

Nice project and nice models as well…Mostely i love those sunlight streams through the trees lovely! Big environment too. I agree with Leonnn does it run above 30 frames on average computer. Keep up the good work!

There seems to be concern that this scene will run slow on an average pc. I can assure you that this scene runs well above 30fps on my average gaming computer. I think if I explain the basic concepts of this foliage setup then you guys will see that its much more efficient than just making a huge forest in blender.

So lets start at the beginning. What does it mean to generate a procedural forest?

Well that basically means that all the trees, rocks, grass, and other similar props are created after the game starts. It also means that I didn’t place a single tree in that video, everything was created and placed depending on a few rules and some equations. Creating a forest in this way gives a few benefits:

• Since everything is created after the game starts then we can use an empty blender scene which really speeds up loading the blend.
  • Also, because I never have to place a single tree, I dont have to save the position and orientation of every tree/rock/grass which saves a bunch of memory
  • It also allows us to only generate the content around the player giving further speed increases.

There are other optimizations that went into the scene. For the terrain we use a quadtree that really helps lower the time it takes to retrieve the appropriate vertex height.

Finally, I always add a few layers of customization to my code. The maximum distance and density of the foliage can be lowered. In the video I had it quite high to display how fast the code was.

Dont know if I explained very well but Hopefully this clears some stuff up.
Ex.

Very much impressive, indeed!
Although I see some artifacts with the “God Rays” [AWESOME!!!], everything else looks really great!
his game will be completely stunning! Well, we need to see gameplay now, which seems to be lacking in mos games these days!
Later, I’d like to have a look to your filters and atmospheric effects.

Great Excalaberr, great project, thanks for the explaination!

wow i wish i knew how to create beautiful terrains like that? any tips for a newbie modeler? nice job so far dude i hope you keep up with this beautiful work :smiley:

The effects are really nice, and the godrays and trees are both sweet. Nice job, indeed.

Ex; Add me to the new docs, I had forgotten we’d switched.

Nice work!

Wow! impressive, hope to see more of this :slight_smile: