Futuristic plane (Blenderguru comp)

thanks. Hmm brushed metal might be a bad idea because its usually very small detail and won’t be seen on anything but close ups. Maybe for the details.
The HDR is temporary to make the glossy shaders work. I plan on building a hangar or clouds
Just unwrapped the thing. Not sure about the textures i want to use. Probably some trial and error time again

But what brushed metal does do is change the reflections. With brushed metal, the light has to go threw to groove, cousing a different types of reflections and highlights.

How I’m thinking about this model, with the latest color scheme, Is a kind of brute force machine which I think looks awesome with your model, although it may not be what your going for. To keep this effect, though, your going to need a similar, environment. I, personally, think you could get away without changing it.

i tried the brushed metal look and i really like it. Thanks for the tip!

The colors are pretty much final. I started creating a bump map for those rivets and i think it adds another bit of detail. What do you think?

Attachments

Your welcome, It looks good.

All I would do to it, is move the camera more to the front, in a way that shows off the metal a bit better.

Looks great!

If you don’t plan to render it really close to the plane… I don’t think rivets would matter much, just my opinion tough.

Can’t wait to see it - them? - crossing the sky…

I’ve decided the model is finished and started working on the scene.
The glider itself is held by an antigravity field on the platform.
For the background i plan some futuristic buildings

Attachments