General Lee - '69 Charger. -first WIP-

better looking tyres added. now, as you can see the material aren’t worked out that much for being a tyre, so, any suggestions would be highly appreciated!!

Well, a tyre shader is normally just a diffuse and a gloasy, both dark, mixed by a Fresnel node… Also, it’d be nice if you could turn the wheel so we can see the tread. Now, I’m not sure if the real thing doesn’t have any sidewall drawing at all, but as far as I know, the detail of adding a sidewall bump map always benefits the tyre. Also, in general terms, I’d make the base colour of the tyre a bit lighter and turn down the glosiness of the glossy shader, to simulate a bit older tyres… I mean, if you want, you can keep them as if they were new, but to me is a bit inconceivable… It just doesn’t suit the look of the car IMO.

here it is, the main idea was to make the whole car brand new. i’m pretty sure the treads are TOTALLY wrong. there is a bump texture of the “bf goodrich” writings (a little bit), but i haven’t added all the little bumped writings. i would also make them look less perfect if you know what i mean, all those imperfection that would make them look like rubber. thank a lot!

I heard there is something called Importance Sampling, and it is supposed to give better results…

I have no idea how it works or even what it is, but I heard Andrew Price say it makes these types of renders cleaner…

so…long time no working on this, i decided to finish this work as soon as possibile 'cause it’s taking too much time. decided not to model the interior… so this is the last render i did…1500 samples with 75 % resolution. will be adding few last details and close the project! happy BL!

This bings back good memories!

I think you should make a quick and very very basic interior! Just so the car doesn’t appear to be empty…

added few final details, modeled a “fake interior”, now i think it’s time to arrange a good background scene!!

any suggestion about the background?

That looks really good. Excellent work! How long did it take you to build it from starting?

I’d suggest any dirt road with trees would make an excellent backdrop.

Much like rjandron suggested, something like this would be cool, with or without the police car.

thanks guys! yeah i think dirty country road would be the best thing! it took about two weeks in total, but started it long ago, i don’t remember, i’m a lazy guy so i haven’t been working on this every single day! i’m pretty happy with it. the background will be a challenge, think i need some tutorials.

Yee Ha! This is so awesome. Watched that show religiously lol.