Grim Fandango - Manny Calavera

Masterpiece !

Oh wow! That’s absolutely fantastic. I gotta play the game!

Good job! :slight_smile:

agent Calavera! great choice for a project , looks great :wink:

my alltime favorite game
I noticed you also rigged the character. I would love to see some poses for him

oddbody

Hey awesome give him a scythe

really its very nice model

aaah!! the feels!! the childhood!!
i love this creepy feel to it.
one of the first games i’ve played. THANK YOU. :slight_smile:

very nice work indeed

Outstanding!

I was watching the videos in youtube of a guy playing the game. This remembered me to go and finish watching (I think I stopped in the 28 video or so, man that adventure is looooong). Was funny to watch, like watching a good movie.

it remind me to the good old days…

Nice one. this takes me back :slight_smile:

This is awesome, I’ve been a fan of the game, especially diggin’ the stylized art direction. Gotta love Lucasarts. You nailed it, keep it up!

This is awesome, I’ve been a fan of the game, especially diggin’ the stylized art direction. Gotta love Lucasarts. You nailed it, keep it up! Whoops, double post.

And now Double Fine have announced their redux of the game! You should go get a job with them :slight_smile:

Lovin your Manny!

I love it. I hope that’s in the Grim Fandango remake. If not it certainly should be!

Love the style, yes!

Many Calavera is still my favorite character of all time. You did a nice stylization of him. Are you going to do Glottis, too? :wink:

You should send this to Double Fine, show em what a true current gen remaster could look like :wink:

Nah, there’d be massive fan backlash cuz he’s all real looking. Fans, man.

Anyway, kickass job. Just curious, could I see the skull textures? Is any of that detail displacement/ normal maps or is it all sculpted straight on? I really really like it. It looks like a Chet Zar painting sans the BG.