HDR + many simple GLSL 2D Filters v2.0

sad that I can only have the disortion ( 8 ) work with my ATI card
can you find a way to fix it ? 1 2 3 4 and 8 work fine but the rest don’t :frowning:

Nice updates, martinsh! They all appear to work fine on Linux Mint 7 with an nVidia GeForce 9800GT.

I really liked filter 7 (quick DOF) and 8 (distortion). It would be helpful for the distortion filter if the draw space was larger than the screen, so the black areas and title bar don’t show in the game window. Still very cool, though.

Cool updates, but how come when using the normal map setting, the whole screen goes gray if you look too high up, bug?

can’t anybody post some screenshots ? I use ATI card so I can’t see how great the new filters are :frowning:

Its great seeing all these new filters. There all so handy.

Whats this SSGI thing everyones talking about? Ive seen it in 2 threads so far, google and wiki searches bring up nothing…

It means screen space global illumination. But still unsure what it exactly means.
I guess it has to do with color bleeding.

You can find more info, and a patch by harkyman to get a SSGI node in the compositor, in this thread:
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=144514

Thanks sick

That explains a lot, looks like some kind of advanced AO with other stuff thrown in. Interesting…

Hello, here I tried to fix these filters so they work on ATI cards, so far now they do work, but I can’t compare them to anything else since I don’t have another pc that can do it :spin:.

So far I got results changing the ddx and ddy functions on the normals script with dFdx and dFdy, this seems to break the normalisation whenever you look to the roof (grey screen appear. On the ssgi script I got to remove the random functions since they didn’t compile at all, but the result is kind of ugly but I thinks its something like this the idea, isn’t it?

Attachments

HDR1.4RbuggyATI2.blend (916 KB)

wow, thanks, Cloud_GL. I will update these filters. And about the grey screen when looking at certain angles - same happens to my code on my PC, not sure why.

Here is a real motionblur filter.
It is far from finished, but at least i know how real motion-blur works and hopefully it will be finished soon.

Im starting to see this filter in my nightmares… im working on it really long time.
Actually getting the velocity texture.At the moment this technique works only for static objects because it only takes into account the movement of the camera.
Nexst step is to generate velocity texture for dynamic objects.

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/2369/motionblur.jpg

http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/6459/motionblur2.jpg

blend:
HDR1.8.blend (262 KB)

button 9 to enable motion-blur

more new filters:
Depth of Field with autofocus + slow adaptation - button 7
updated SSAO - button Q

Motion blur and DoF with autofocus + slow adaptation gives errors, SSAO works, but I get dark lines, when looking straight at walls the are horizontal but the more you turn the more do they turn vertical.

hmm, are you using Blender 2.49? and what errors you get?

using jorgie’s 2.49 + soft shadows build = great performance and works great

splenderiferous!

these are some of the best filters I’ve ever seen in a game period.

ATI version avaible and everything is working :yes:
This motion blur looks veeeeery nice. Also DOF.
SSGI looks rather bad, as well the normals but working, well my guess is that it is cause of the functions I got to delete =P, funny, on the motion blur one I deleted the “mul” functions and worked anyways ;).

I got a question, why whenever I modify this file it becomes 600 kilobytes bigger than the original? Martinsh always upload it being around 250 kbs and I end up loading a 900kbs!!

By the way, light scattering using Lkey.

Attachments

HDR1.8ATI.blend (946 KB)

Cloud_GL’s version works, the errors I got before were:
pressing 9 - (first a copy of the code) Fragment shader failed to compile with the following errors:
ERROR: 0:83: ‘mul’ : no matching overloaded function found
ERROR: 0:84: ‘mul’ : no matching overloaded function found

pressing 7 - ERROR: 0:12 ‘=’ : cannot convert from ‘const float’ to ‘2-component vector of float’
ERROR 0:33 ‘r’ : field selection requires structure, vector, or matrix on left hand side
ERROR: 0:35 ‘=’ : cannot convert from ‘float’ to ‘2-component vector of float’

And Martish files are compress with gzip, I guess that’s were the smaller filesize comes from.
Awesome work, both of you!

Awesome work, both of you!

Gee thanks, but I’m only fixing the errors that appear on the console because of ATI’s way to work GLSL and filters, this is Martinsh work in the end ^_^.

MartinSH and CloudGL - THX to both of U and really much, Much and MUCH!!! This is an incredible work for the BGE imo! I have ATI HD3450 so the basic version works only with 1,2,3,4 and 8 but ATI updated version works WELL with all the filters on my graphics card (smooth on 640x480 and almost smooth on 800x600 and its good imo for the card priced 40$!). On the other hand I have Core2Duo 2.13GHz and 2Gigs of DDR2 (but its NOT so important in this case).
Im REALLY hopeing that U will continue this astonishing work and if YEP what could I say??? Maybe one day in NOT SO FAR future the BGE will be so good with YOUR work that people start to make professionally looking FPS games that helps blender to grow EVEN MORE - Im looking forward for that day ;-). THX AGAIN!

Sincerely Yours, JayM

There is a Problem I noticed…

if I enable some filter witch increase the logic consumption over, lets say 50% the mouse view is lagging. It seems that the look script is not executed or executed to late, to get a smooth camera rotation. The movement of the camera with w,a,s,d keys is still ok.

To demonstrate this problem, I made a short video. With light scattering enabled, the framerate is quite good (~40fps on Geforce 8600M GT), but the mouse look is lagging a lot.

http://www.vimeo.com/5030971

Anyway, thanks for your fantastic work Martinsh and CloudGL!

Hi

i discovered the same problems with the lagging mouse view as moerdn.
The graphics card i am using is a Geforce 9650M GT.

Nonetheless really nice work:)

Not sure why it only lags when you rotate the camera, maybe an issue because of the deprecated methods of the camera script.
Also using all the filters at the same time is quite resource-killer, the fps may get very sensitive and show faster when doing nothing than moving around the scene.

I get camera lag as well. NVIDIA 260 GTX