hommage to mucha

OUtstanding!! I love the concept of bringing classic art to a newer relevance in 3d. Blender is tremendous.

I think, however, the need to dip into and out of Zbrush for fine detail should be the next “key goal” for Blender. Detailed high resolution sculpting is a defining capability. It represents a quantum leap in allure to modellers of all specturm. Of course, only if it is attainable without the aid of scores of programmers and code developers to achieve it.

thank you fred! :slight_smile: … actually in this case ALL fine detail was done in blender! yeah, blender is capable of that already, and it was even good working performance, comparable with zbrush…
i used zbrush only for remeshing after the dynatopo sculpts, and to sculpt the hands, since they produced a problem in sculpting, see in dynatopo thread if you are interested in the techs of that… but, yes, all the many details you see were done exclusively in blender :slight_smile:

Go to Gallery. :yes:

Seeing things like this remind me how much I suck at sculpting. Brilliant work, bravo!

thanks for the vote, sundials … salokin, we all start at zero, and from there it is going up, always! just keep doing, and your skills will grow to your own amazement. keep at it! :slight_smile:

I think you have passed Mucha. Brilliant work!

Very good work. I visited last month the museum of Mucha in Prague. And as a I love theater, I learned that he made lots of illustrations, kind of adverts for some plays (like Médée).

And you created perfectly in 3d one of his drawing, congrats for this beautiful tribute :slight_smile:

gerardopblender, thank you!
leopoldcdec, yes, mucha made a lot of illustrations for advertisement, for plays, and also for wares. i have a book with all(??) his works :slight_smile: those for the theatre are particularly nice, i think… some day, i need visit this museum in prague too. thank you for your nice comment…

I have to use 10 characters to say WOW!

Very good work!!! Amazing attention to detail :). Mucha is very inspiring. Btw I miss some better remeshing tools in Blender too…

WOW! I can’t believe this was done in blender…

thank you elsdon,jkocourek,johnpaul_g :slight_smile:
yes, all blender except as i said the zremesher thingies, maybe a screenshot is quite interesting, all subsurfs and multires turned off for the wireframe view, so that only the basemeshes are visible. yeah, it got really messy and needed some organisation to get through the jungle of objects…lol…

Mucha is one of my favorite artists I have a couple folders in my hard drive of his works. art nouveau is just so beautiful and sensuous, I really think you nailed it here.

This is superb, you really captured Mucha! You amaze me every time! :smiley:

thank you j_abellana and vicky. its great to get such nice comments after some time of finish the work :slight_smile:

Very nice, good luck. :smiley:

thank you saif mohamd

+5!!! Sorry for the slow vote to gallery. beautiful sculpting good showcase for Blender sculpt! I am assuming that voting to gallery is done with the report post button and I don’t accidentally get you banned instead!

Edit: OK I see the vote button! You’re not going to be banned.

This came out exactly as expected: brilliant!! Love it, very very cool use of sculpting, very beautiful art!

druban, yes that would have been a surprise if i came this morning to the forum to see i were banned…lol… thanks for the vote, very appreciated.
thank you craig, yes i like the piece myself, a rarity …lol…, and i think i will do something along these lines again…but first, i want finish my portrait challenge… thanks for nice words.