Hurricane Season

I too have never really liked abstracts, but this one is a good one. Nice work.

Thank you all for your enthusiasm and interest!

It’s always encouraging to hear different interpretations and reactions to my work, and I deeply appreciate all your responses.

Trying to use Blender in uncommon and creative ways continues to fascinate and challenge me, and keep things fresh as I explore different ideas and experiment with different presentation styles and techniques.

I am actually Blending more than ever these days, but I am also being far more selective in posting my work online, hoping to show you, at my website or in Finished Projects, only what I feel is the best of what I am creating at the moment.

After upgrading to a new workstation at home earlier this year, I decided to apply the increased computational power / rendering speed, as it applies to Blender, to work more intensely on each project rather than to simply produce many more projects.

This strategy has also often cut into my “weekend challenge” project time a bit, as I work more on each “serious” project for many days, like this one (Hurricane Season), but I feel those projects have benefited in different ways because of this choice.

It’s also great to be able to participate in the benevolent World Community Grid project while Blending and rendering at the same time.

I am still working on representing and conveying ideas, and each new version of Blender extends the options we have to do that.

I am so grateful for that, to the developers, and this community.

We really have something very special here!

Take care, everyone,

RobertT

I think it is the piece i like most that you’ve made! It is really awesome and artistic.
The slightly transparent material really works.

hmm, i first saw the girl too. great one robertt!
i think… even… that this is the one i like best out of your works.

.b

Great piece RobertT. Moved to the gallery.

BgDM

Brilliant!

But I’m upset that you actually went through all the work of manually placing those polygons… I was really hoping this was just a modifier with a complex material or something! I don’t have the patience to do something like this… bleh.

Here’s what you should really do: Take the original model and scale it over the “hurricane” so that it encompasses it. Add collision detection to everything. Add a physics modifier to the planes so that they fly around within the basic shape. Original model = flip normals. Play game, record IPO’s. Wait about a million hours. Stop, render. Wait about a billion hours. Submit. I will marry you.

YES! Now’s that I notice it! Awesome!
Lol…

man, you need to give us like a “making of” or something. I would love to see how you work. so please, timelaspe?

Love your work mate, it’s beautiful!
thanks
filip

i would render it with indigo, or BI with another illumination , anyway is reaally nice ;D

Every work of you makes me keep working on blender.

That’s really nice everytime !

That is beautiful!

Really Brilliant Work Man! Compliments! :slight_smile:

I spent some large minutes watching it…it’s purely wonderfull.

Congratulations for the work, and for making people dream with a single computer image.

Greets

it looks cool~

wow, so inspiring work, congratulations!

Completely unexpected. Totally awesome.next kind of art you got there. very nice jab you got there

RobertT-
Have you thought of possibly making prints available?

Dear RoberT, welcome to post your artworks in to Art Liberty gallery (project for support of independent art) http://art-liberty.com
Portal, galleries & community for persons who combine the most different styles and directions of art in their creativity, without any rules and restrictions.
The purpose of the project - to enable all wishing to present a full spectrum of the creative achievements and hobbies in the fine arts, music, literature and any other kinds of creativity simultaneously.

waht is that soposed to be :\