Jaguar E-Type

I must be the only one going huh?

anyways post 37 is just fantastic. I love this car and you have really done it justice.

Sorry…Not sure what you’re after.

Not sure about the stripes but tested them out anyway.

Man the stripes look slick

I think they look a little “Boy Racer-ish”, just an opinion of course.

In what way @sheepHD do you “Love” sheep, is this in the Australian or Welsh manner?

Cheers, Clock.

I think the stripes are a step backwards.

Gosh, I hate to say it, but I agree with the other posters about the stripes. It just looks cleaner and classy without them.

meh idk my neighbor had sheep so i grew up with them and that’s when I found my passion for sheep

You’ve made a great tribute to a fine looking machine .
It’s hard to believe that this excellent model stems from such a straightforward looking mesh . Even I , with limited knowledge , could follow the thinking there .
It certainly encourages me to make cleaner meshes , less is more as they say.

Nice model… And sooo smooth!!!
Too bad it’s not a convertible… I looove convertibles :wink:
Great job

Franco

Thanks everyone!
Don’t worry, I’m not going to go after those stripes. Just something I have seen with racing jag (white with green stripes). Tried white/grey. Looks classy and mechanical at the same time IMO.

I’d say that’s competing with red for the best looking color, in fact I think I like it more…it just looks nice and clean, which is a pretty accurate representation of the topology…

Yeah. It’s fav for me right now!
Took some thinking but here’s some vent holes to the hood about done!

Attachments

Yeah, I like this color the best, although I think it could benefit from having a bit more blue in it.

I am after: Okay most of it was not specific to your model. I just would model it more realistically. First there is the hood, then came the vents. If you punch vents into a real hood you do not get loop cuts. I would almost say that blender makes it to easy to add loop cuts.

“More realistically”? I don’t completely understand. I used hard surface modeling with subsurf modifier for this model. The hood had those vents forced on the metal in the factory when the car rolled out on the line so I model the hood with the same vents on it. With this technique called hard surface modeling you have to use loop cuts to get the effect desired. Just use them wisely.
Hope we understand each other. :slight_smile:

Just noticed that my car’s body was moved a bit on left so I fixed it. I started to wonder why the headlights and side trims looked so odd…
Here’s some front shot with a tint of blue and some head lights!

Attachments

Looks awesome!

It might be a good idea to bring up the focal length a bit though. Probably to something between 50 and 100. Right now it looks like there’s a bit too much perspective distortion.

Yeah, you’re right. I actually try to use real life focal length values (which Blender gives good amount of guidance and control) with my renders.

Some HDRI matching. I really hate doing this with Blender as it’s so twitchy and horrible. Any good tutorials or advises for background/HDRI matching with Blender?

Try this, http://www.blendernation.com/2012/01/23/blam-geometry-camera-matching-add-on/#utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Blendernation+%28BlenderNation%29&sref=https://delicious.com/search/match,camera,blender

If there is info about the camera from the hdr its not psossbile. but you can match it up quite good i believe.

Hard this is that most of the time focal length is off and the image has soft blur. APplying the same to the model would make it fit in better i think

What’s the setup you use for the headlights? Did you actually model the ridges in the glass, or is it a normal map? I’ve been experimenting with a normal map on some headlights but the glass just turns black unless I turn down the strength to almost nothing…