KiD MMORPG 1.39 Linux and Windows

Kind of like creating a scary possessed chibi manga doll.

Wow! that was about the most accurate description i’ve heard so far…

lol EyeBall. I love ya

Now back to complaining:
When installing the latest version (at least at the time, I’ve been slacking) I noticed it used a different folder in Program Files, leaving the old files behind & effectively doubling the disk space used.

tried your game and here are my review:

pros:

• working network.
  • alot of work put into it
  • diden’t fry my computer, ok fps (20~30) on my rig (see below 4 spec)
  • worked on win 10
  • atleast some model did lock kinda nice
  • alot of customization
  • easy to remove

cons:

• the models/textures diden’t fit together, maby they are just placeholders?
  • the UI is terrible, diden’t understand anything.
  • diden’t get a clear idea of what to do, and why?
  • my rig did only get 30fps (using fraps to get fps, playable, but i got a killer rig)
  • had problems connecting to server…

rig used during testing:

• r9 390 (8gb vram)
  • 32 gb ddr3 2166
  • i7 4790k (running at 5ghz)
  • kingston 240 gb ssd
  • 1200 w net
  • 250/100 mbit/s connection

summary:
I don’t thing this is a game worth playing, at least not yet. I feel like there are alot of work needed in terms of a plot/in game goal, but also when locking at the models/textures and the way they fit together. When reading about the game and its target audience (namely kids) i get abit cheeped out, the game got nothing except cartoonist style (at some places) that I would recommend for a child. according to me a game made for children is suppose to be creative and teaching -words that isn’t describing this game. My recommendation to you eyeball is to firstly change the target group of your game, then hire some one whit actual art/designing skills to make the game content more consist. Or take some courses in design/UI to improve the look and feel of the game. Don’t Improve the functionality any more, focus on the look or ppl won’t care about all the stuff you implement. And also learn to take feedback.

Thats all from me.

Eyeball.

Enough.

Seriously.

You think this is the best game ever, when it actually needs SERIOUS work. You think everyone that hates it is a troll, when they’re just offering you valid criticism. You think you’re in the right, when you’re very, VERY much in the wrong.

I’ve viciously attacked you in the past and I admit that I was very wrong to do so. I was a bitch and I apologize. But there’s the kicker: I was wrong and I admitted it. You can’t seem to. You have a lot of advancing to do, both socially speaking and in the realm of game development.

If you want a serious list of criticisms (and let’s face it, you don’t, because all you want is praise):

• The menu design and UI are awful, they need cohesion and theme.
  • The controls are completely backwards and shatter every industry standard currently in active service.
  • The models and animations need to be re-worked and smoothed out.
  • For a game made for kids, you have next to no security functions to protect them. Look at games like Club Penguin for an example.
  • You need to realize that you’re far from the best BGE user ever. The fact that you used it from the start doesn’t make you good at it.
  • You need to LISTEN to people that tell you when something is wrong instead of labeling them a troll outright.

Now, for anyone that reads my words and sees the actual words, as opposed to “I’m a troll I’m a troll I’m a troll” over and over as Eyeball apparently sees them, thank you for your patronage and have a nice day.

Been a long day, sweaty and tired.
I jump on BA not expecting anything good.
OMG he’s uploaded a Linux build!
The snow looks great and the framerate is fantastic.
Now to log in. You can guess what happens next.
So now I’m trying to make a new account but the 2nd password field keeps adding extra characters. The console spits out “damn”.
Still satisfied.

I’ll give it another shot after my password is reset.

Hey eyeball, Can you help me make something like blender verse but
inside the game engine? VR later?

basically model editing inside the game engine, sculpting, texture painting, multiplayer with the ability to save, and also to ‘start a game’ wtitten inside the game firing up another server, that can be a game designed inside the game…

we will need a blender server we send models somehow to perform operations on and pass back to the game engine (like agoose slice demo) (and only for operations impossibe inside the engine) but one nice thing, is it could use multiple blender servers basiclaly making threading… kinda.

every thing we make can also be used for your kid mmo game, mabe adding a ton of validity to your game world (teach kids modeling and coding using quests + sandboxes )

A Linux release? Nice! I should try it out;)

[…]

Unfourtunately I’ve got a problem. I can’t extract the archive. It says “trunked tar archive”. Could you make a .zip or .tar.bz2 version? Maybe it’d work better?

I’ve had troubles with corrupt downloads using the first link. Try the dropbox link?

md5sum rabbitlinux1.38.tar.gz 
45c0bc451c21ad5d14cb80e53d7ed32b

There is a problem. I go to start playing. Choose the server to be “RABBIT HOLE (MAIN)” and the district “Rabbit’s hole *****”. I press the play button on bottom. Nothing happens. Than I try every single configuration(3 servers, 5 districts - 15 configurations). The play button doesn’t make me play at any of those. What’s the issue?:frowning:

By the way - the menu design is billion times better than it used to be. The color scheme feels better and it’s easier to understand the icons. I like the cursor, it feels very smooth:)

Hi, I just thought I would leave this here… the making of KiD as captured by a long series of screenshots. if you can sit the full 4 minutes you will be in for a happy ending :smiley:

Cheers! Nic

Here’s hoping you’ll work on your design and colour palette for whatever next project you may be doing.
Currently KiD suffers badly from over saturation, so its a mess to look at.

Tattorack… this video addresses the color issues:

as you may have guessed every object has dynamic color set by the user who owns the game object. I don’t rate your opinion highly because it’s based on a movie with really low quality, for a better POV of the screenshots look here: http://www.nicholasnel.com/back/screenshots.html … as you can see, the level of saturation does not result in a lossy look like you have suggested based on a low quality youtube video. also, lots of saturation is a trend with fantasy artwork.

Cheers, regards Nic

hello guys and girls, just popped in to share a new video with ya’ll.

Cheers!

Thanks for ignoring the hate comments (not sure what their problem is.). <3
Your game looks normal to me, and beautiful at that.
The modeling looks nice and the textures look nice. A lot of beautiful colors to look at.
It’s effin MMO which isn’t the most popular kind of games to make in BGE. I love it. It inspires for me to keep going with my MMO game.

EDIT:

My thoughts on your game.
The frame rate was low. But still playable.
Weird world, I love it.
Everything worked for as it were supposed though at the re-enter password form, it had a small glitch to where the password gets to a certain length it will add more characters?
Lovely game.

Also side note for people who are attacking the game developer for a comment about it being the “best game ever.” Maybe to them it is the best game ever because they made it. Nothing to get worked up about.

Thanks AFXD ! Unfortunately my cell phone never beeped when you came online, but maybe next time I will catch you online and we can hang out together.

Well… None too fond of the 3d control without being able to see where I am going. Didn’t get far, but I do appreciate folks using the game engine and showing what can be done.

Hey Shane!

well, this happens occasionally, I saw your server logs and yeah, you did not get far. my question to you : Did you read the help file? reason I ask is because I get concerned when people don’t stay long, there really is a lot to do in this game even with no one online. I guess the best advice I could give anyone playing is to build your character up and make a lot of money playing the various mini games and eventually building your own district. If you see people online a whole whack of extra features come out making this a great PVP game.

to answer you about the control, generally you would use the mouse and control the character with WASD. the mouse is almost identical in functionality to the way blender’s navigation in the 3D view works by default, so I thought it would be easy! to move the camera just middle mouse and move the mouse around.

Anyway, thanks for playing, I really appreciate it!

Cheers EyeBall (Nic)

I think its amazing what you created with a crappy engine like BGE.

Thanks Ferret3D!

BGE is not the best engine around, but my advice for anyone using any engine is that you cant expect to create exactly what you want, You have to conform to the boundaries of the engine and fit your ideas in the engine as best you can, And, There is a lot more you could do with the theories behind this game in an engine like Unity or what ever.

Cheers and happy Blendering!
EyeBall

Hi!

after much deliberation a new version of down the rabbit hole is available!

Seriously, expect no bugs and an awesome gaming experience!

Cheers EyeBall

Download and feature list and more here:

http://www.nicholasnel.com/back/back.html