Lipsync Importer & Blinker - 02/03 armature support

No luck, could it be the .wav?
I tried to re-create the papagayo file three times now.
Path to .pyo is set absolute.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "\win64-patched-38842\win64-patched\2.58\scripts\addons_contrib\io_import_lipSync_Importer.py",
 line 210, in execute if scn.fpath!='': mapper()
  File "win64-patched-38842\win64-patched\2.58\scripts\addons_contrib\io_import_lipSync_Importer.py",
 line 98, in mapper splitter()
  File "\win64-patched-38842\win64-patched\2.58\scripts\addons_contrib\io_import_lipSync_Importer.py",
 line 116, in splitter frm = int(lst[0])
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'god.wav'

I also have a request. Random intervals between the blinks. :wink:
And thanks for that fabulous script. I think it´s a functionality that should be within Blender in the VSE.

Hi, make sure you import the *.dat file in blender created from papagayo (not *.wav or *.pgo file)

I bow to you sir :smiley:
Not to sound cocky but it rarely happens that someone makes me feel that stupid and you even made it with your first post :smiley:

All works fine now.
I assumed i need the pgo (typo in my last post) as this is what Papagayo saves. I haven´t seen the export voice button. I shouldn´t trail stuff after work and with a lack of sleep.

Thanks again and thanks bat3a. If you ever go “semi-pro” with addons let me know where you got your donate button to pay you back for the workload you take off me for the current gig I am on.
I can´t help but to repeat myself, I think this is amongst one of the most important features for an animation suite (which Blender is supposed to be) to be able to lipsynch without having to manually key each phoneme.
This should have been in Blender with Sintel, maybe even BBB already.

Have you ever considered extending it´s functionality?
Maybe it is possible to add dummy strips to the VSE in a track under the audio file, named after the text you type prior, similar to Papagayo. You could move them around in the VSE to match the audio file, and you might not even need to set keys, but parse the track and use the tracks to drive shapekeys. This way lipsync would be fully dynamic.

Or simply use blenders texteditor to parse the text you type and add keys for the phoneme. You can always move them in the action editor. That would be less comfy though than using papagayo.

I am not uncomfortable using a 3rd party tool like papagayo, I just think it would be more comfy to have all within Blender, especially as I think it´s a feature Blender lacks.

I assumed i need the pgo
you should checked the tutorial in the 1st post at least!

I am not uncomfortable using a 3rd party tool like papagayo
you should try yolo much easier than papagayo i’ll try to support it in next version :slight_smile:

Random intervals between the blinks
i’ll try add this too :slight_smile:

Well, to my shame I got to admit, I did so.
You know how it works:
“I am working with Blender for years, I just need to fly over the tutorial to see if somethings completely out of the ordinary” :wink:
Never forget, 2 days of trail and error can save you up at least 10 minutes reading tutorials and manuals. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you. I believe this is a very useful tool. I used Animation Master before and this was one of my complaints.

I am new to Blender so I am having some issues with playback, but it seems to have placed all the keys correctly.

Also, I was using 2.58 and it did not seem to work. Went to 2.59 and had the same issue, but it seems to work fine in 2.57. Are there any plans to integrate this into later versions or is there a way for me (python illiterate) to fix it myself with some simple steps?

Thanks again.

@bastion: i confirm that it works in the recent blender versions from 2.59 svn 39000 and above, can you post your error from the console so i can help you?

I’m not getting an error message. Basically, I only see the header “LipSync Importer & Blinker” but I don’t see anything else.

I got another question. When I use jLipSync and export the moho file, I get a nice textfile with frame and key.
It imports into Blender as well, but it only sets keys for A,E,O,U.

The way I understand the help page of your plugin I need to call them the same way as for Papagayo which is a problem, for instance I can´t import a FV because I can´t create a FV in jLipSync only seperate F or V. JLipSynch only supports SH and TH.

Am I doing something wrong or can´t your plugin set a key for F for instance if I got an shapekey calld F and the moho file holds a F?
Unfortunately Papagayo is not flexible enough for me, because I need to lipsync german, and jLipSync doesn´t import all keys.
I´d really need to be able to import <Frame X> <“whatever”> and not just a few particular phoneme.

@bastion: i confirmed the error, working on it :slight_smile:

@arexma:

for instance I can´t import a FV because I can´t create a FV in jLipSync only seperate F or V. JLipSynch only supports SH and TH.
simply import make an “F” or “V” shapekey and it will map to FV by default

I´d really need to be able to import <Frame X> <“whatever”> and not just a few particular phoneme.
actually the blugin is intended to import the moho file as general, not specific to papagayo, jlipsync or yolo, and i made out deferent modes to these files as they export same file but at a different logic.

this table explains what will map to what:

anyway i will add shapekey re-targetting in the next version, so you can map any letter to any shapekey :slight_smile:

That´s odd. I actually made shapekeys for A to Z to trail (just created them, not modeled)
When I import a JLipSynch file, it only sets keys for AEOU. No idea why.

But if I understand your table correctly I need a shapekey called “etc” and it will be keyed on CDGKN… from the JLS file?
Then I know what´s wrong… as usual it´s attributable to human error :smiley:

Good stuff. I love your work :smiley: It´ll make stuff easier for working x-language.

@bastion: actually i tested again in the latest trunk and it worked okay, try resting blender startup, you may have another addon conflicts with it !! to be sure try this BUILD

But if I understand your table correctly I need a shapekey called “etc” and it will be keyed on CDGKN… from the JLS file
no, it means if you have one of the letters “C,D,G,K,N,R,S,TH,SH” or “etc” in your moho file it will map to any shape keys that have the letters “C,D,G,K,N,R,S,TH,SH” or "etc, and that should be a slightly open mouth shape.
so if yo have jlipsync file contains an “F” and have any of these letters “C,D,G,K,N,R,S,TH,SH” or "etc as shape keys, it will plot the keys in it.
just to notify you that if you have more than one letter of the same phoneme group in your shape key only one will have the plotted keys no all of them.

[QUOTE=bat3a;1926741
so if yo have jlipsync file contains an “F” and have any of these letters “C,D,G,K,N,R,S,TH,SH” or "etc as shape keys, it will plot the keys in it.[/QUOTE]

I went with Papagayo for now, there seems to be a problem with JLipSynch files.

What I tried: I used your build 33842 as suggested.
I created lipsynch files one with Papagayo, one with JLS

I created shapekeys for A-Z, rest
Imported papagyo file, works perfectly.
Imported JLS file, once with the JLS checkbox checked once without, it only imports EOUL.

I created shapekeys for AI, O, E, U, etc, L, W, Q, MBP, FV and rest.
Imported papagyo file, works perfectly.
Imported JLS file, once with the JLS checkbox checked once without, it only imports EOUL.

That´s the first lines of the JLS file:

MohoSwitch1
1 -
2 G
3 E
4 E
5 E
6 N
7 N
8 S
9 S
10 Closed

Those are the first lines of the Papagayo file:

MohoSwitch1
1 rest
1 rest
2 etc
4 E
5 etc
10 rest
16 rest
17 AI
21 etc

The only difference I spot is that JLS also lists the “empty” frames and puts “-” in them. Could that be the cause of the problem?

Oh and your addon button has a typo. “Plote keys PLEASE” should be “Plot keys PLEASE” - maybe call it “Create keyframes” ?
And although I love your builds on graphicall for personal use, at work I use 99% the official Blender. It would be very comfortable if you had a version of your addon that works with the official releases and not only with your builds. No big deal, I have a gazillion Blenders installed anyways but IMO such an important addon as yours should work with the offical builds. :slight_smile:

[withdrawn]

[QUOTE=bat3a;1926741]@bastion: actually i tested again in the latest trunk and it worked okay, try resting blender startup, you may have another addon conflicts with it !! to be sure try this BUILD

Bat3A

Thanks for the help, but I’m not that familar with Blender. What do you mean by rest blender start up.

I tried disabling all addons with no change in symptom. I’ll try this build later, but in the mean time I have found an error in the python console.

“AttributeError: Writing to ID classes in this context is not allowed: Scene, Scene datablock, error setting Scene.offset”

“Plote keys PLEASE” should be “Plot keys PLEASE”
corrected in the next version

maybe call it “Create keyframes” ?
no, it’s more fun this way :slight_smile:

if you had a version of your addon that works with the official releases
they work with officials as in my builds.

Does it still apply and is it complete
the script page workflow (link in the 1st post) is updated as i update the script and complete.

It sounds like there was a lot of background noise
actually my mic is cheap and sucks :D, i’ll try to update tutorial with more clear voice after i release the next version.

What do you mean by rest blender start up.
go to file->load factory settings, then file->save user pref. then quit blender and start again, enable my addon and it should work, if not tell me :slight_smile:

What exact version of your addon works with the official blender.org build then? v030 does not.

bl_info = {
    "name": "LipSync Importer & Blinker",
    "author": "Yousef Harfoush - bat3a ;)",
    "version": (0, 3, 0),
    "blender": (2, 5, 9),

Hi bat3a,

Like arexma, I’m also trying to use your version 030 and it does not seem to work with Blender 2.59. I only get the “LipSync Importer and Blinker” heading in both the Object Tools and Mesh Tools bar.

Anymation

actually i’m trying to re-produce your error and only succeeded once, and that’s not enough to me to know what the problem are, have you tried one of my builds and did it gave you the same error???

Hi bat3a,

I’m not sure what you mean by your buids? I’m trying to use the stable 2.59 production version of Blender - and yours is a Python script. I’m using the one in your first posting (ver 030). Else, please help me out if I’m misunderstanding.

Also, I’m merely saving it in my ‘scripts’ folder. I don’t need to run it, but merely activate it under Preferences?

I suppose it won’t help if I send my .blend file?

Thanks a lot.

Anymation