Little Fur Test Wip

Awesome fur.This should also be in the gallery and as a feature screenshot!

Sometimes, when I look at your works renderdemon, I think even blender’s developers couldn’t imagine their tools could be able to create such masterpieces.
You push Blender beyond its limits.

simply, congrats.

Wow, this would look awesome animated :smiley: :smiley:

I wonder why this forum (Blender tests) gets all the interesting threads…

Now that I look closely, the shape is more lion than a tiger, despite the stripes. Tigers have a more robust heads, wide cheekbones (I spent couple hours at the zoo with a camera just a few weeks back, as it happens).

How many particle systems? At least separate ones for whiskers is needed.

This looks really great.just 1 comment(just check it , I don’t know tiger anatomy from my head)-Isn’t his torso too long?

1 Advice: you CAN copy particles. it’s not easy but I managed somehow - duplicate object, add a new particle system(2nd) then select bot objects and go to ctrl-c- copy modifiers-particle system. Not sure about the combination, but i managed to do it.

Once again, keep it up and post this to gallery and release notes if possible…

I concur with the rest, that looks great… well done sir

Thanks guys,currently 3 particles system in it.
One for combing fur,one for whiskers(here I have to do some work)and another one to do fuzz fur(for now,what I dream is a way to little differentiate the fur,from a density point of view)For 3rd fur later I’ll do combing(here I hope to find a way to start from the previous one and after doing little changes,I’ll try your trick pildanovak,it could save some days of combing,In that case you will be my hero:o).
As I told previous,model surely have to be improved,probably I’ll try to sculpt it and use displacement modifier on it in the end(the points on the mesh are not enough to do a really good model,and I don’t want starting another one to comb hair,displacement can help here)
UglyMike,turnable should be easily possible,render are 3/5 minutes(at 1600 * 1200 res),but I have to go on linux for that,currently windows version( I prefer windows for better compatibilty with my wacom and my monitor)can do only 1 render at time(it crashes on 2nd),maybe when I finish it.
Thanks again guys
Peng You, limits are only in our brain,thanks for these beautiful words.

Sorry,double post

wouw,
when i saw first, i thought that was the reference image (not kidding).

I aggree with others, image must be on Blender.org.

please some more details, about modelling and rendering. was it modelled in Blender?

Green with envy… very cool.

Just noticed that there is now python api for particle access, so I guess eventually the various render exporters will begin to support hair/fur (yay!). You can’t beat blender for speed though.

Tigers are very long (and massive), so the torso looks about right to me. Anyway, did not mean to start some anatomy nitpicking. There are huge differences between Indian and Siberian tigers, and anyway, individual variations are as big as in humans. Keep blending, people! Work is the key to creative development in any field.

Simply amazing. Some great projects are gonna grow from the new particles system :slight_smile: The only default is, as it was said, that some strands are too uniform, but you’ve already seen that. In any case, congratulations :smiley:

it would be great to see a wet fur and hair test on the model

looks really good. I want to try to model a wolf. Hope I get results half as good as yours.

Uhm,copyng particles system seems working only without baked editing,basically combing get lost,not what I want(thanks anyway pildanovak).
For wet fur,clumping could help,and specular should be more powerfull(with attenuated diffuse shading).For that stuff some IBL system could really help,but first I have to make work better specular shading.

That is phenominal. Really, really well done. Your are awesome!

you should totally animate that thing when you finish it. i mean, holy crud. thats so good, i almost feel jealous.

Holy crap!!! That’s all I have to say really :slight_smile: I’m stunned.

How the fawk did you do that without reference, jesus thats impresive.