Magic Lantern Raw Video workflow

My bad I meant DPX, you’re right in that only the jpeg thumbnail is loaded. I used tiffs but as there is no debater in Blender you still need an intermediate development stage anyway.

bummer, I would have loved to get DNGs going in blender… well back to transcoding and using lots of disk space…

yellow mentioned a workflow option but has not returned to the thread…did pm him but no reply…might be busy…don’t know…he seemed to suggest that you’d get the the images debayered and converted with Imagemagick with a batch script

Checkout the magic lantern forum it has a board for raw post. You’ll find a lot of detail there.

think I’ll just hold on for Da vinci 11 and keep my fingers crossed…gonna be tied down with exams till month end anyways…and that gets release in june …I think.

apparently it is also possible to throttle down h264 compression with ML or tragic lantern, there are caveats though but might be helpful where raw might be to much hassle

install
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5jqEcekZ_A tragic lantern but it in ML
found a sample graded vid

last word on this, got raw to work out for my project but davinci resolve must be an active participant…sorry

recorded at 960*540…found that even at that resolution my t3i would stop recording due to dropped frames, had to set frame dropping to “allow” or the recording would stop even at that res

converted raw or mlv(supports sound) to cdng with this

I followed the videos below for working in resolve and exported to 10 bit rgb .mov …I am havin weird issues with both dpx and exr exporting to dark or black images…or rather they look like that in blender.

clean up and correction

and
chroma noise and pink fringing reduction

note: you can then add another node and sharpen the entire video in davinci all info needed in vids

any ways the videos can be made to look fairly smooth without much loss of detail and held up well to grading.