Maja on Her Noble Steed

OK Last modifications before the Viking raid… :evilgrin:

I have revised the horse’s pose - I thinks it’s better, do you agree? I have done some work on the sand, still got all the foam/spray to do. Of course, I still need to work on Maja, she is still a skinhead! Now however, she has gone all shy and is refusing to sit on the horse until I get her hair right. :eyebrowlift:

/uploads/default/original/4X/3/e/0/3e063dbc9b36313a14f05c3225262967fe3f156c.pngstc=1

So to the checklist for Viking activities:- Burning (Firelighters & Matches - checked), Looting (Swag Bag - checked), Pillaging (Sword, Club, Dagger, Horned Hat, etc. - checked), Raping (Hmmmm - checked!). :stuck_out_tongue:

See you all at the end of June. :slight_smile:

Cheers, Clock.

EDIT:

One more from a different angle and without the picture frame, @minoribus does not like the frame…

/uploads/default/original/4X/d/2/1/d2148306a06a0027882689faa66ab6b4405af736.pngstc=1

Cheers!

Attachments

One for Shaun :smiley:

/uploads/default/original/4X/6/f/5/6f55d34f9fa6abf65f309375218e523567ebf47c.pngstc=1

Her eyes are not right yet and maybe the hair is too shiny - much to do on my return. :cool:

Now I really must get on with the preparations for the holiday or Mrs. Clockmender will probably inflict pain upon me…

Cheers, Clock.

Attachments

So the UK has voted to leave the EU (jeez I cannot believe this). Can anyone recommend a country I could move to where 52% of the electorate are not complete tossers?

Terminally Depressed, Clock.

PS So far today the total value wiped off the UK economy is the equivalent to 40 years EU subscription for the UK - very well done all those who voted to leave.

Can’t believe it either. The outcome of the vote was very surprising and depressing. My guess now is, that in a year or two we will see the UK having a loose partnership with the EU like Switzerland and Norway have.

All I can say in reply to this is thank your lucky stars that you do not live in my neck of the woods. :wink:

Thanks for the pic, just loving this Maja on her horse, I think you have something going there with the composition, sitting quite well with me. The hair is definitely too glossy and would also need to be trailing behind her just like the horse’s tail ( in the wind ). This would then obviously solve the other issue you have where it is covering up important parts and people will just not be able to see all the hard work that you have put into this, ( being covered up and all ).

Shaun

Yes, paying more than we pay now and no voice - all very depressing as is the start of the racism and bigotry in the UK, but at least we now know what Brexit was all about.

I think I will comb Maja’s hair so it flows in the wind like Shaun suggested, that would cheer him up at least!!!

2 trillion dollars wiped of world stock markets by the Brexiteers on Friday - well done to you all (the more astute of you may notice a hint of sarcasm in this sentence…)

Just starting my homeward journey back to my land of ••••••• ••••••• I’ll let you fill in the blanks.

Cheers, Clock.

Quick Update:

I have changed the hair shader and lighting a little, and reposed her eyelids. I am going to redo the sea with either the Ocean modifier (likely) or even use Houdini (eeeek - that looks complicated), then work on the spray and beach, so much to do still! :wink:

Believe it or not, because it doesn’t look that different, it took a lot of time to achieve - am I getting close to a good look on the hair yet? I feel the horse looks good now, but I am not 100% happy with the lighting yet. :no:

Cheers, Clock.

Hi Clock, I hope you have enjoyed your vacation! And you posted a nice update. The hair shader is looking much more natural. The ocean modifier worked nicely, last time I used it.

Since you spoke about the lighting. It simply needs more highlights and shadows, because it is a little flat at the moment. Have you ever tried the Sky Free addon by Macio? This produces very nice skies and lightings.

Cheers,
minoribus

Thanks @minoribus, sorry for the delay in replying, I have been over occupied with other things like grandchildren, etc. I am now working on the sea and will post a render soon. I will also check out the lighting add-on - sounds like a good idea!

Cheers, Clock.

PS. Still thinking about Shaun’s request to reposition her hair behind her as though the wind blew it there…

C’mon, “horny guy” … give the lady some clothes! :smiley:

You know clock when I made that suggestion I was purely thinking about the realism of your project as the horse is going at quite a speed and by the looks of things it would only stand to reason that her hair would be trailing in the created breeze. And based on my scrutiny of this work she is also definitely riding into a headwind so I want no arguments about a countering tailwind.

Shaun

It’d be safe to do that. She’d still have some hair in front.

OK, I am going to give in to “peer pressure”! :eyebrowlift:

I have decided to comb all her hair behind her as though blown there by the “head wind” as described by Shaun and her travelling quite fast upon her noble steed… Shaun makes a powerful case for this. :p:p:p

Once the project is more advanced, and I have done the first scene, you will see that it would be impossible to give her any clothes, other than maybe some cowgirl boots and a stetson, all will be revealed in time… I must get the pose right for this scene and the sea/lighting needs much more work.

I hope to have the next render complete in a couple of days and will post it a.s.a.p.

Cheers, Clock.

PS. I now have more free time having dispensed with one of my “jobs” that was taking far too much of my time. I have also bought myself a 16 month old iMac for my music production - Reason Software, thus freeing my MacBook for Blender work. £385.00 for a s*** fast iMac - can’t be bad! :eyebrowlift:

PPS. There will be a slight delay next week as I am going to Stockholm to watch Leicester City play Barcelona at the “Friends” Arena - wha-hoo!!! :cool:

Here you are my friend, PMSL :D:D:D

I am progressing well with the sea and have just downloaded the Sky-Free add-on @minoribus spoke about, so will play with that and report on my progress.

Cheers, Clock. :stuck_out_tongue:

PS. The “Old Clock” seems to be returning from his over-stressed, grumpy demeanour… not a good sign :no:

First shot at the ocean and sky/lighting :cool:

I shall now take some time to play with the settings and also do some “foam & spray” near the shore and around noble steed’s hooves, much to keep me busy for a little while, I will probably spend a lot of time going around in circles with this so some guidance from my critics would be appreciated. :spin:

Cheers, “Spoiling-Shaun’s-Fun-Nude-Chick-on-Horse-Maker”

(maybe my new name is too long - “Clock” will have to do…) :eyebrowlift:

Last one for today, jeez I have been busy haven’t I? :eyebrowlift:

I need to spend some time looking at this closely and before making the next moves, the spray droplets have got me thinking about maybe another particle system?

Cheers, Clock. :stuck_out_tongue:

Now it’s time for Tea and Choccy! :yes:

I think she should be leaning more forward. currently it looks as though she might fall off, imo.

Oh, here’s an idea. If the concept of tits to the wind is too shocking for such a family-friendly environment, perhaps you should just put a bridle on the horse. That way she could have her hand in a demure location without it looking like she’d just freaked out about something.

I think I have her in the right position - eeeeek! that came out wrong - bah! so did that :o, so before I dig the hole deeper… herewith a side view, in the story I have written for her she is riding a “wild” horse, so it does not have any tack on it. She should be sat upright with her stomach slightly forward I think, I have done a side view below to show this better:

She is holding onto the steed’s main with her left hand for balance (that should satisfy the “Elf & Safety” brigade). Ideally she should be riding on her feet, if the horse is galloping, but as I said there is no tack in place to fit the story. So let me know what you think to this pose, I can always adjust it :yes:

@Gumboots, "ts to the wind" is a nice idea, but she is a fiercely proud young lady and as such I have been warned by her to be judicious with where I put the camera. She will be holding something in her right hand, or even throwing it into the sea, when I have finished this part of the story, so her right hand will be better posed and will have a purpose for being where it is, apart from obscuring her ts of course, Shaun keeps trying to persuade me to show them off, but since this is a family forum (is it?) I am resisting for now… :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways, does anyone have any ideas on how I do the spray from the sea, like a trail of droplets falling off the front hooves and splash from the rear hooves, other than post processing in Gimp. I did think of having an array of icospheres running down a curve, but my first efforts looked naff so I am thinking again. I have to do some more work on the “foam” in the sea, It does not look so good from this angle… BTW what do you think of the sea, sky and lighting now - improved or still needs work? This is my first effort with the ocean modifier and the Sky-Free add-on as suggested by @minoribus.

Cheers, Clock.

Personally I think that, as a concept, “tits to the wind” has a wonderful, free-flowing, expansive elegance to it. I am also inclined to think that any fiercely proud young lady who rides wild horses down the beach whilst naked is probably not going to be the sort of lady who is overly concerned about what some people might think of some of her body parts.

Regarding family forums, it may be relevant to point out that tits are one of the first things that any kid sees in life, frequently, at close range, and it doesn’t seem to leave them at all scarred. You might also consider that nobody complains about the Venus de Milo, as just one example. So, all things considered, I wouldn’t be too worried about them making an appearance if it happens to fit with the piece as a whole. :slight_smile:

Anyway, the pose above looks unnatural to me. It is probably a good idea to see if you can find reference pix of real bareback riders. That should give a better starting point for posture.