Marantz M-CR 603

Very nice precision modeling. Extra points for rotating your screws slightly differently, that always jumps out at me. Also, is the post labeled “DAB” modeled with the threads, or is that a texture?

The thread is modeled. You can (barely) see the geometry on the wireframe views.
In fact the thread is an arrayed object with one turn per copy. That’s quite a lot of geometry for such a little portion of the image !

Wow. This is the kind of technical stuff I’d like to be able to do someday. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks cs51762 !
Makes me think that i should finish this and turn it into a nice image some day…

post number 8…beautiful. I just love seeing details. Great job. This whole project is great.

Damn guy I had a Marantz in the early seventies along with a Dual Turntable but I think it was maybe two models up from yours. No knock on you since I might have been at the peak of my earning power. Marantz was indeed one of the names back in those days with excellent quality and sound. And, one of your rear views is simply amazing. By the way I have never heard digital sound like a LP on a Dual Turntable played through a Marantz receiver. I don’t care what the specs say. LPs on a nice system had a richness you can’t hear now.

Hell, for that matter most FM stations on a Marantz sounded better then digital now. Ok, I might be going overboard with that comment. But, doing the wonderful age of sound they were indeed something else. When we simply kicked back and watched the ceiling break up.

One of my favourite renders so far!!! OMG the details are just out of this world!!!

Thanks guys for the nice comments !
Funny to see this thread “wake up” after such a long period of inactivity.

That’s my problem though: i rarely finish what i start. I should use this project and really finish it, but I am not sure how…
Some ideas so that it could go to the “finished” section ?