mega city project

thanks for the kind comments :slight_smile: your right Modron, that will be done in the more final stage, might probably be using instances for that, also i think the satelite dishes is more for the smaller high rises, the very large ones i want to keep fancy on the top.

wow… i hope you will finish this and i can’t wait :slight_smile: Skyscrapers so far looks VERY good. I like shapes and details. Lot of work… But totally worth it.

thanks Piomar, i will do my best, although it will take a while before i finish this, perhaps like more then half a year, but i will update regurlarly when i finished a bunch of buildings.

So i have added a few more skyscrapers, there are 50 now, still have to make roof details for them all and the colors are not final also.
here are two cycles renders.

Wow… your really coming along great on this. One thing you might consider is to try and include entrances into your buildings. It’s hard to tell if you have them in these buildings.

that is all in the future planning along with the roof details. Although initially its not planned for the buildings to have an interior since that would krank up the verts a lot and takes far more time then just making the exterior of the building. I think it would best for me to add interiors in the buildings if certain project require that, for example animated shorts that play out in this city, then custom interiors for the specific scenes would be created.

Although initially its not planned for the buildings to have an interior since that would krank up the verts a lot and takes far more time then just making the exterior of the building

I really was not refering to the buildings interiors… I was talking about seeing doorways and entrances from the outside, like at the ground level on the outside.

O ok, yes i will definately give attention to the entrances, my first plan was to focus on honing me skills to model the main structure of the buildings and then move on to adding the details like roof details and entrances and stuff

There are times like these, that a “City Addon” would great!
I know there are some, but their not detailed enough, plus it has the buildings built in.

My idea of a City Addon, would be a simple addon, which fetches rendered building from a website, like from a (material) gallery. Then you just choose which building you want to include, or category of buildings etc.
Pre:place some special buildings, then hit “Build City” and it randomly inserts loads of other buildings depending on how you’ve created roads, placement of special buildings etc… :slight_smile:

Keep up the good work on building buildings and hopefully one day, yours will be in such a library of buildings.

Thanks Anuga, yes i actually bought the city generator addon but i did really like the results of it. the buildings of the generator seemed rather strange and very unrealistic. So i thought building a city myself would be better. its fun although time consuming.
Actually i was also thinking of a more detailed building and city making addon, but i cannot do coding.

Now that I think of it, a Weight Paint Map + Partical System with a couple of buildings will also do the trick, but the part: fetching from the web would be nice. :slight_smile:

personally when i have a library of building i prefer manually placing them then with a particles system, i think when you put them manually you can consider different parameters like parks malls and location placement of industries and recreational areas and business centers etc. Also in the future i am planning to make different citymaps, just without buildings. and then put the buildings after. like that you can have a variety of different city designs. and then after you can decide what buildings fit in the map design.