Megagolf

Amazing game, artistically and technically it is truly a piece of art.

OH… this game is so sexy,… it’s given me a gamegasam!

2 questions: why dosent running this blow my computer into next month like most pretty blender games. and why are all the levels and stuff in separate .blend files? do they all get put into the game when they’re needed and if so how?

ionee: Sorry took so long. It’s right there in the download package. ~20 MEGABYTES of MEGAGOLF :slight_smile:

DrVonTrap: Hmm… I think GLSL is generally relatively pretty slow and since MEGAGOLF doesn’t use GLSL it’s generally not so slow.

For every level I launch a new .blend file with Start New Game actuator, storing necessary game information in GameLogic.globalDict.

Assets like models, scripts, textures and materials are linked from multiple .blends to avoid overlapping use of resources. I can use same basic things for all levels without the need to save them in every level .blend. Makes also tweaking things easier when I can modify just one asset file and the modifications appear in all levels.

Finally, a new version! Hopefully fixes the annoying mouse issues, should also be more compatible with 2.49a. Added also some minor enhancements, like automatic UV texture scroller service and course-specific ball design. And a flag.

MEGAGOLF 1.03 data (19.8MB):
Mediafire (please use this!)
My crappy slow mirror

Nice reference on Blender Nation!

It crashed right after the level with the twist.

Game/Blender(player)/Operating system version information would be greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:

Is this gonna be updated to 2.5? Just wondering :smiley: This is one sick game. Good work!

best blender game that i saw!! 5*! Great Job!

JESUSFRK14: If I happen to have some free time in future… I’d like to.

Great :slight_smile: Can’t wait

Awesome job Sir,

you just totally broke the competition ahhahah

congratz :slight_smile:

any progress on your awesome game mate ?

it seem pretty much finished I know,

but since it’s still in the WIP section,

it make me eager for news :slight_smile:

AWESOME! :smiley: I was looking at this game at blender-games.com and I was thinking, “What a cool game, too bad I probably wont be able to play it…” THANK YOU FOR MAKING IT IN MULTITEXTURE!!! :DDDDD :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

That was amazing

best game ever! id pay £50 for this!
very well organised! where did you get the sounds from?

Ninja Goliath: Didn’t promise anything. :wink:

ionee: Just some random sinewaves out of Audacity

Lovely game.

May I provide a Vietnamese translation? It’s a shame most people in my country don’t consider using freeware, and showing how cool Blender is might help.

And, any plan on making standalone version? I tried to export run-time but didn’t work.

That’s pretty sick looking to not be using GLSL. Great looking game, man.

Great game man, fun gameplay and great graphics.

Whoah,
Awesome game, BEST GRAPHICS I saw in while. They are better than much of the new GLSL blender games we are seeing these days.

To supersocks:
You should REALLY make a tutorial on GRAPHICS, yeah, just on graphics.Please… It would help MUCH people, including me.

by the way, have you been professionally trained?