Mobas City | update p.3 june 10th

All I can say is…that is awsome. Great job!

I kind of like the Mobas sign where it is, but Godsgiven has a good point with it being visible from all angles. Also will you be putting doors and stuff in there?

Looking really good, but what’s with the name change?

Alex

this building really looks great ( i have really enjoyed each incarnation through this wip…).

thinking about the rotating logo, perhaps instead you could model a much more futuristic method of displaying the logo above the building for all to see from all over the city? something like a nice futuristic hologram generator that projects the company name/logo above the building (maybe even rotating if your animating…)?

i have a vague recollection of a similar hologram logo from Akira maybe? One of the neo-tokyo scenes might have had something like that in it (its been over a decade since ive seen it, of course).

how did you do the fisheye lens distortion effect?

Dropped the “-Warrior” for “Ecks” now eh?

Nice renderings, I like the horizon’s glow. Now, more details and a when you do the final render try to up the AO samples for a little less grain.

Central tower is very nice, there’s some strange aliasing though, not sure how fixable it is though.

Have you tried using the Gauss button?

Keep it up!

the fisheye is simple. Use the Panorama option in the display menu. Then reduce the lens value of your camera to about 16, back in the display menu put in 8 Xpart, and a Xres of 128. It will give you a nice “spherical panorama” that looks like a fisheye. You can play with the lens and Xpart value to get watever you need.

Yea I thought about puttin the logo as a hologram above the main towers. I’ll try to see what I can get out of it!

as for the name change…I didn’t feel like x-warrior anymore…I’ve never been a warrior…I prefer the subtle, stealth, insignifiant little x…or Ecks…and what’s a nickname anyway…the images speaks for themselves when it comes to an artist…

wip of the Eiffel towers. Modelling isn’t perfect, but I just need a draft of my project to show off the company. Sure I’m going for a mostly finalized look to impress them more…but this tower won,t be in focus anyway!

http://theexodus.battletechmodproductions.com/xwarrior/Mobas/Eiffel1.jpg

http://theexodus.battletechmodproductions.com/xwarrior/Mobas/Eiffel2.jpg

modelling faster than replies…gotta love those!

Yeah!

Hopefully thats what is happening on my command ship because I havent gotten that many replies…oh well…

I was about to post saying that the tower needed more detail, then I remembered who was making it. And as I figured you added it :slight_smile:

Looking great!!

tx!

http://theexodus.battletechmodproductions.com/xwarrior/Mobas/mobas11.jpg

Last update for today! More tomorrow of course! :smiley:

Definitely looking great :slight_smile: applause

Just to nit-pick, the new elevators look good, but, how do people get in and out of them? I remembers there was no doors on the 1st version, and now it’s hard to see but I bet there is still no doors :wink:

The four huge roads crossing at the mobas building look a bit strange. Ok, they clearly makes the building look as if it was the center of the city, but those perpendicular roads looks so american imho. (and you were supposed to do something european, no?)
Maybe with more roads ? (like, 8 roads, to break those 90° angles? )

Argh… gotta to get use to Ecks-warrior-w/o-warrior, lol

Looking good, the only thing I would change is that top road. I think you should just make it the same as the bottom one. Because the little curve is pretty pointless. If there was another tall building it had to avoid then I would see why its there, but right now it seems unnecisary. also are you going to make the eifel tower a little bigger?

Good Job tho…

well I had to listen to rore…redesigned the whole city street and building layout…grr! lol

http://theexodus.battletechmodproductions.com/xwarrior/Mobas/mobas12.jpg

Sorry for the lack of ground atm…will work on that :stuck_out_tongue: and I need to tweak some roads under the Eiffel tower o_O

You are doing great with the modeling.

How about adding some vertical antennas on top of your building? It seems no matter how tall a building is, it always has antennas on top.

looks great, man! now texture all those little tiny buildings hehehehe

http://theexodus.battletechmodproductions.com/xwarrior/Mobas/mobas15.jpg

Update

Finished Frances (eiffel and arc of triump), Italy (pisa tower and Coliseum)and England (Big Ben and London Eye)…I’M now moving to Spain (Giralda (SP!?)) and then Grece (acropolis of Athen).

If you have any other idea of important European Building I could make, Please tell me!!!

I’m also planning on making the atomium.

going great, vut personally i’d decreease the step between the houses and the roads, for me it looks like ppl will have to ste 1 meter in depth to get tho tehre homes… as a matter affect, they should step UP not down :stuck_out_tongue: I don’t know if that will look better … But you could try it.

Other then then, how did you get the “global eath sphere” feeling ? did you use some pano rendering for this ? ( i like it)

Mhhh … I am from Belgium and we have the Atomium (www.atomium.be) …

Once again, your work is great !