Moleculars physics

Sorry for my poor english peddie , probably my explication is not always clear because it’s not my better language.

Pyroevil, don’t worry about your english, I perfectly understand!

I’m eagerly waiting to see more about your script!

My last videos of collision response:

Next video coming is after I re-integrate the link between particles to “solidify” it.

what do you think about gpu accelaration…do you think it can be implement it in blender for particles simulation??

For internal blender particles … probably but I’m not sure simulation is always be able to be threaded between multiple cpu or gpu. I’m not a expert developper.

In my case , python not support well multithreading ( and probably not gpu for now) and in Blender it’s seem to not work very well ( it’s open many instance of Blender ).
What I read about python and multithread is it’s not a big gain in term of performance. If someone get some result to multithread python script in blender just let’s me know !

Hi !
I test particles nodes branch yesterday ! This is my first try after:

For now , not enough nodes is available to do my molecular physics with it. Hope more node be available like array or tupple storage , if statement and neighbourg detection.

Hi,
This is pretty cool, you seem to have gotten a very stable simulation.

History: In 1999 , at 15years old on my really fast 200mhz :wink: I find a little program where you can create 2d particles , called atoms. You can give to these ‘‘atoms’’ different property and make links between them to make different material. You can create 2d shaped react like water , jello , ice and many others thing. You can tears solid shape if to much force is applied. In my memory the apps is very cool … and I never find it again after ( if somebody find it , let’s me know.)

I think the program you are referring to might be “Really” by Giovanni Tummarello. It was a fun time waster back in the day, although the simulation was a bit unstable. He has a broken link to it near the bottom of his website. You can still download it by accessing the broken link with the “way back machine”.
Sorry no url, first post.

Wow !!! It’s exactly the program I’m searching for ! Thanks a lot!

PyroEvil, are these molecular simulations for artistic purposes only? Because this could be quite interesting for scientists.

Most people in my lab do molecular simulation, mostly with GROMACS. There are even some attempts to visualize this with Blender, like here: http://machine-phase.blogspot.de/ . But it seems that your script offers more direct visualization.

The GROMACS people are very good coders: neighbour lists (grid hashing), parallellization and GPU computation are very well supported. You may want to get in touch with them, they might be interested.

Hi Sjoerd,

It’s for artistic use. My code is not intended to be physically accurate. My skill in physics and mathematics is not very high.
My goal is to simulate visual effect ( destruction , cloth … etc) like Lagoa in XSI : http://vimeo.com/channels/lagoa

My script just transfert calculated position to particles position of a particles system in Blender. It’s not real time.

Interesting video , near of what I want to do:

Specially at 2m51s

Pyroevil,

Your work with the physics is absolutely great, and just what blender needs.

Here are two websites below that seem to be posted by people who would really be interested in helping with your work. I have taken quite a few classes in calculus and physics. If you need any help, I’m more that happy to communicate with them about your project in Blender. I have some programming experience, but not in Python.

www.si-community.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=1942&start=40

I don’t think Thiago could help because of his contract with AutoDesk but there are a couple of equations on this page that may be helpful.

I’m not sure what stage you are at or how I can help. Let me know either way and I’ll do all I can.

Dear Pyroevil,
i watched all your presentation videos, followed your hints to figure out what you want to do in Blender… and i’m really impressed!!
If this came to Blender, what is shown e.g. here www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5igW5-h4ZM&list=UU5VSa7POAf4NJ5rzbqYYr-A&index=6&feature=plcp&t=2m10s. Godness, i would fall dead immediately of impression (proverbial).
Isn’t this [shown in the video] what you’re interested in - finally?

We have to try to get this guy of the video support our community (and thus Earth, as Blender is a project of our Blue jewel).

If I can help with calculus, too - tell me. I could also do some supporting in programming when i got familiar with all the tremendously exciting Blender possibilites. Thank you all!!

Jon

Sorry every body for no-news about a long time. A lot of things take all my time ( kids , job … like many people).
But I find a new way to do things , to use the already existing Blender physics like my first test and stopping to lost my time by creating my own physics engine in python ( why doing something is already here).

Positive:

• probably faster because use a lot of already coded formula exist in Blender.
  • All force existing in Blender probably work with it.
  • SPH particles probably work with it too.
  • I have just to concentrate my effort on self-collision and links between particles.
  • Put my effort to a more user friendly thing faster , to be used by everyone.

Negative:

• I cannot control everything. Python API is limitative for what I want to do. Hope nothings bigger enough to make my script unusable.

I just need to find some time to start it. Probably this week-end.

Yesterday I work a bit on my new script. I wrote the main script to “fake” substeps in Blender. Here is how I decide to divide the different scripts:

• Main script: Get data from object,particles systems and particles itself and send it to second script.Manage my substep method.Receive new data from second script and apply it on particles.

-Second script: Take data from the main script and calculate unsupported blender things like particles self-collision , links between particles and probably more. After calculation , send it back the data to the main script.

I don’t know if I put the UI generation in the main script or I create another script ( like a init script ). I make the second script alone because it’s here heavy maths and many loop is done. I want to be able to compile it in Cython later for faster execution (10x to 100x I hope).

I test a rough and bruteforce self-collision today and it’s work great with my new “fake” blender particles substep system.

Hi, I just discovered your videos and I am impressed by the lack of posts here. Just know that there are people who find what you did to be very impressive. Quite a dream actually.

I understand you had to stop your own implementation and that is unfortunate. But know that there is big interest, at least from some people.

You should set up a site for that. Maybe people like me who knows nothing about coding could help you financially. But considering the lack of answers… I don´t know.

Thanks guismo,

I stop my own implementation of particles physics but not implementation of linked particles.
Many of video you see ( breaking monkey and pumkin ) is done with particles physics from blender and not my fully implementation of verlet particles physics. It’s for me a funny a good experience to try this but not really effective and stable like one expert done in Blender. It’s why I want to restart with what I done with the breaking suzanne, use already existing physics of blender but control them with python to simulate matter. With this new way I just imagine easily a SPH river breaking a bridge or the same pumkin I did but with juice in it. All of this can be modified with blender existing force!

Thank for your proposition of financial help. For now it’s not a problem because I already have a full time well paid job. My major problem is time. I start this script for fun and I never thinking about all the interest my script did for other people. I want to finish it for sure and hope to not disapoint all my supporter :slight_smile: A website with more details about my script and a donate button can be a good idea to motivate me to be more efficient in the way I manage my time.

here is a video of my controled Blender particles with a way to fake subste

Like I said before , I stop my full integration of verlet particles physics with python. It’s not easy and is to slow with python. I restart to trying with already existing particles physics in Blender because I find a way to fake Substep. For now I just try a fast integration of self collision.

wow I missed this thread until today and this are amazing things! Really good work Pyroevil!

Does the script in the first page work with 2.64? I tried to download it but I didn’t manage to install it… thanks!

Hi Sdados !

Thanks for your great comments! yes , it’s suppose to work with 2.64 but the problem is my previous scripts is not really user friendly. You have to create a particles system , keep the object selected and run the script.

I now working on a new script ( not on github for now ) that can be installed like any Addon and with a UI to use it. And I go back to use already integrated particles physics instead to create a fully one in python like before. It’s easier for me ( creating a full physics engine is not easy ) , faster to calculate (python is slow) , and can interact with already existing force in Blender ! Probably I compile it with Cython at the end for more speed performance. At this step, I probably need volonteers to compile it for Linux and Mac ( I just have a Windows7 system ).

Now I learning how UI creation work in python with Blender.