New Amd "FireRender"

AMD FireRays 2.0 – Open Sourcing and Customizing Ray Tracing for Efficient Hardware Platforms Support

A New Milestone After the success of the first version, FireRays is moving to another major milestone. We are open sourcing the entire library which allows complete integration and contribution from the entire developer community to bring improvements in the rendering world. In fact FireRays 2.0 brings support for Windows, OSX, Linux, AMD, NV, Intel GPUs and CPUs with many back-ends.

- source -

- FireRays 2.0 on GitHub -

AMD FireRays 2.0 – Open Sourcing and Customizing Ray Tracing for Efficient Hardware Platforms Support

A New Milestone After the success of the first version, FireRays is moving to another major milestone. We are open sourcing the entire library which allows complete integration and contribution from the entire developer community to bring improvements in the rendering world. In fact FireRays 2.0 brings support for Windows, OSX, Linux, AMD, NV, Intel GPUs and CPUs with many back-ends.

- source -

- FireRays 2.0 on GitHub -

test test test

Great. Yet another unidirectional path tracer in the endless sea of them.

A wise man once said: “Give me Bidir+MLT or give me death.” He was right.

I wish them luck with it, though. They’ll need it to compete.

At the least, the increasing number of open source pathtracers can mean a greater chance that one gets a novel approach to something that can be applicable for use in Cycles (because the other engine does that certain thing in a more memory efficient, a more robust, and/or an overall faster way).

Cycles has already seen benefits by borrowing pieces of code from Intel’s Embree engine, there’s a chance AMD may find a good solution to something that Cycles doesn’t excel at yet.

:smiley: also concur, put what’s better to the mix! that’s open source, not a competition but synergy… why some research for better resources, solutions

… feels strange too see thoughts of some so narrowed :rolleyes:

I’m I the only one who doesn’t think this is very impressive performance wise? I’ve been watching tons of Octane and Red Shift videos lately as well as testing Cycles and VrayRT with high end cards lately so this really seems slow to me.

I have something about FireRender in:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/shading-lighting-and-rendering/testing-amd-firerender-for-architectural-visualization/td-p/6350238

3dLuver your projcect for ue4 seems to be very cool, is there something more about it?

Hey! the Radeon ProRender (exFireRender) Beta for Blender is already out, they are sharing a build with the beta testers.