New BGE Features

Now that’s handy! :slight_smile: Great work!
I have an idea, but it would be hard to incorporate - Duplicate logic bricks to a different state.

Here’s an updated build with logic brick link highlighting!

(remember, you have to hover over the button, not the actual link)

how long will it take for this logic brick link highlighting to get into trunk or the stable release?

guys, this together with harmony branch will be so so awwsoom, I cant wait
Really, great work you’re doing -

fr3shdumbl3dore - I can commit it next blender release. (It’s too late in the dev cycle for this version for something like this to be committed)

thanks andre!

Small update, martinsh made a splash screen for the branch ^^

http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=28946

That Splash Screen is just

Eye Candy!! x3

This branch is very interesing.
How about merging it with Harmony ? Any plans?

I have any idea of something that could get added.

vertical sync.

I have noticed that (at least on my computer) blender games always have tearing that occurs.

Yep… this would be great to somehow enable v-sync via the ui. At the moment I have to set it in my graphic-card settings.

BlendingBGE - no… harmony is a different branch. We will merge our branch to trunk when it’s ready :slight_smile:

theShadow - hmm, what is vertical sync? googles

[edit] ah, thats vertical sync/screen tearing. I have never seen this issue before…

Really? It’s a pretty common problem in most circumstances. I’m not exactly sure how you would add VSync to the UI, but if you’re still taking suggestions, having standalone executable games be mipmap-less without using a command line utility would be really nice. Currently, it’s probably not possible because I don’t think that Blender saves the mipmap settings into each blend, but if it did, then you could read that. Or, if each image had mip-map settings that you could enable or disable (but this would require a material and image), so maybe just a game engine check box would be the easiest path.

Ok then,atleast a linux build?

+1, I’m all over linux.

yeag, game engine check box was what i had in mind for vertical sync

mokazon
add support for 2.5D adventure with a pre-rendered bachkgrounds with z-deptch (Z-Buffer) in the alpha channel in the style of Resident evil 1,2,3 or Alone in the Dark 1,2,3,4

mokazon
add support for 2.5D adventure with a pre-rendered bachkgrounds with z-deptch (Z-Buffer) in the alpha channel in the style of Resident evil 1,2,3 or Alone in the Dark 1,2,3,4

You guys are so awesome!! Thanks!

How did you get the square reflections from the area lamp? Is that the specular or a cube map?

thanks guys

gruntbatch - this is just the specular. Specular is simply a reflection of the light, which in this case is a large square lamp

Right. For me, the area lamp’s specular light acts like a regular point light’s. After setting the lamp to an area lamp, are there any special settings you have to adjust in the lamp settings to get the sharp specular? Or might it be like this because I’m using an AMD graphics card?