on the tramp

incredible render, no complain at all.

my new wallpaper :slight_smile:

Wow! Great job!

Now there’s just one thing left…cycles speed up…
Cycles has given a lot of artistic control and easy shader and light setup to the artists…
but just the render times are a bit concerning…

30 hours is still very high…
Cycles speed up is going to attract a lot of individual artists…
I know the devs are working on it… and i want to thank them for everything cycles has…

Tortoise needs a better texture, maybe some sss but overall it looks good.

thank you all for your awesome feedback!

the moss is a hair particle system controlled by vertex groups.

i started with roughly modeling the tortoise form with the skin modifier. after that i sculpted the high res model, retopologized it and baked the normal map. after that i built the house, the bird and the trunk and started texturing the scene. most textures are painted directly onto the model in texture paint mode. after that i started to built up all the particle systems (for the moss, the bird the field and the dandelion seeds in the air). next step was to add all the little details, the butterflies, the ivy, the mushrooms, the ropes,…

the lighting is just a hdr shere and two sun lamps (one with a bigger size for softer shadows).

here is also a clay render of the scene:

This is a quit successful render 5 starts from me and wonder what’s wrong with this pic so that is not yet featured?

Wonderful image, congratulations! Technically flawless, beautiful and poetic, thanks for this!

Amazing just amazing. I know a lot said it before, but really one of the best CG I have seen for a long time. Hope to see more of your in the future.

simply great ! is it grass essentials powered ?

Ein hoch auf Schildie!!! :smiley: :smiley: So ein wunderschönes Bild…unglaublich!
Nice Work!!!

Top row… Now! :eek:

Beautiful, like from fairy tale

That is so beautiful!

Surprise to see this not on the top row - one of the renders of the year imo.

Wow!!! Great job!!!

bloody hell! awesome work!

This is great, and one of the things I really like about it: while realistic, it’s a subject that is perfectly suited to CG. sometimes we see CG depicting things that could as well be a photo…but this one uses CG to lend realism to a fantastical scenario. That is the best use of CG imo.

Wow, again, just awesome. Congratz !

Amazing work,one of the best renders i have ever seen.